Southern Shih Tzu & Toy Breed Rescue
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Southington, CT 06489
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:All dogs are transported with Rescue Riders Transport - www.rescueriderstransport.com
Serving the following areas:
We also adopt to AL, GA, FL and TN
About Our Rescue Group:Southern Shih Tzu and Toy Breed Rescue is a rescue group dedicated to the rescue and rehoming of Toy Breeds. Our rescue efforts are focused on KILL SHELTER DOGS and Puppy Mill Rescues- We are a non-profit charity rescue- working with volunteers.
*** FOSTER HOMES NEEDED ***
Come Meet our Pets:See a complete list of pets at www.ToyBreedRescue.org
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - Click here for ONLINE VOLUNTEER INFO
Can't Adopt or Foster, but want to help? Donate to our vet fund!!
To make a donation, please click below. Thank you
OR mail donations to:
SSTR Vet Fund
PO Box 8072
Anniston, AL 36202
Our Adoption Process:First Step in the process is to submit an online adoption application!
If you are interested in ADOPTING ...click here for an ONLINE APPLICATION
* The person submitting the application, MUST be the person who is actually adopting the dog.
* The applicant must be willing to undergo reference checks and home visit.
* All current pets must be spayed/neutered and up to date on shots.
* ALL pets must reside INSIDE your home.
* A fence yard is required for MOST adoptions, however this is not always a requirement. It depends on the dogs needs. BUT, MOST likely you will need a fenced yard.
* We do not adopt toy breeds to homes with children under 10 yrs of age- for the best interest of the dog and child.
This is NOT a first-come, first-served process. All of the furbabies that come into our care have already been shifted around or dumped at a shelter, we want to find the best forever home that meets their needs.