Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
See a complete list of pets at www.ToyBreedRescue.org
If you are interested in ADOPTING ...click here for an ONLINE APPLICATION
Before placing our dogs in forever homes we……
* DO provide full vet care by a veterinarian; and any/all necessary vet care recommended by our veterinarian
(exam, fecal, hw test, all vaccinations, spay/neuter…. as recommended, dental, bloodwork, knee surgery, eye surgery, hw treatment, tumor removal, skin treatment, etc….)
* DO keep dog in our care long enough to clearly evaluate the dogs social and temperament behavior
* DO disclose any and all known medical, social and temperament information in dogs adoption bio
* DO work closely with applicants to match them with a dog that will fit their home environment, ensuring our dog’s needs are met and successful forever home placement
* DO have specific requirements on each placement based on the dog’s needs (listed on adoption bio page)
* DO have a thorough screening process prior to adoption
* DO provide copies of vet records
* DO provide health certificates on all dogs when traveling on professional transports to new homes
* DO follow up on adoptions and keep in touch with new homes after adoptions
* Adoption fee ranges between $200-300 based on dogs age
* Ask that ALL new homes understand there is a 2 week adjustment period when adding a new pet -
* Our goal is to place our dogs in small dog experienced homes that understand small breed personalities -
This is NOT a first-come, first-served process. Dogs will be placed in homes that match the needs of the dog- as well as match the need of your family - We are looking to make a successful life long placement -
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.