Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Little Orphan Angels Animal Rescue (LOA) is a 501c(3), non-profit, humane animal organization dedicated to the rescue and adoption of companion cats and dogs, which are needlessly euthanized because they are homeless. LOA has existed for over a decade.
LOA promotes responsible pet guardianship by requiring all adopted animals to be tested and vaccinated for diseases, examined by qualified veterinarians and spayed or neutered at the appropriate age.
LOA screens potential adoption applicants to ensure that the adoption of an animal has the highest possible chance for a successful, lifelong placement.
LOA is also dedicated to educating the public about the plight of homeless animals and the need to control over-population through spay and neutering.
7616 Denton Hwy
Watauga, Texas 76148
1. Connect with a cat during our adoption events at Petsmart.
2. Work with the LOA adoption coordinator to determine if that cat is the right fit for your household. If not, another cat may be suggested.
3. Fill out an application. Only once you are approved, can you move forward in the process.
4. For two weeks, the cat comes to your house for a “sleep over” and you become their foster parent. This is to ensure the cat fits into your household.
5. If the cat does fit your household, then after two weeks LOA and you will finalize the adoption. If the cat is not a match, LOA will work with you to determine a cat that may work better for your household.
6. Once adopted, LOA is there with behavioral support and nail trims. You are not on your own.
LOA Adoption Fee: $150
All cats adopted from LOA receive the following vet care that is included in the adoption fee:
• Tested for FIV and FeLV (Feline Leukemia)
• Spay or Neuter at the appropriate age
• All required vaccinations and boosters at the appropriate time - Rabies, FVRCP, FeLV
• Tests for intestinal parasites (At least 4 rounds of de-wormer if needed)
• Free well pet exam at time of adoption
• Free consultations with cat behaviorist as needed
• Free nail trims
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.