Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Among the goals of the AWL are the prevention of cruelty to animals, the relief of suffering among animals, the extension of humane education and the adherence to federal, state and local statutes. It is the policy of the league to provide humane care and treatment for all animals needing protection within Kosciusko County, Indiana; to seek to return lost animals to their owners; to seek suitable homes for animals without owners; and to provide euthanasia when necessary.
Beyond population control, our future goal will be to open a new expanded shelter facility. There is a lot to be done - and we need your help!
Please Note: Most of the animals we place up for adoption have come to us with little or no background information. Due to this we cannot guarantee the health, age, breed or temperament of any of the animals adopted from our facility. Please keep this information in mind when adopting from any shelter or rescue organization.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday 11:30 am - 5 pm
Wednesday 11:30 am - 5 pm
Thursday 11:30 am - 6 pm
Friday 11:30 am - 6 pm
Saturday 11:30 am - 4 pm
We are closed Sunday & Monday.
Please call to confirm hours before coming to visit!
Donations are always accepted. Please see our webpage at www.awl-warsaw.org for information on using paypal to donate. Or mail to P.O. Box 1906, Warsaw, IN 46581-1906. Thank you!!!
Please come in and let us help you select the pet most appropriate for you and your family. Most of our animals are now "temperament tested" by our trainer and we can help you find the pet that will fit your family.
Once your new pet is selected, we ask you to sign an adoption contract that spells out our obligations to you and your obligations to us and your new pet. Once your contract is read and signed by you, you will receive an adoption package that contains many gifts for you and your new animal including free 30 day pre-paid pet insurance, starter food, training and health DVDs. etc...
We try to make the adoption process simple and enjoyable for you and your new pet. Please come in for a visit and give us a try!
ADOPTION FEES: $120 for puppies under 6 months, $110 for dogs, $75 for kittens under 6 months and $50 for cats.
Fees include: spay/neuter, free 1st vet visit to vet listed, starter food, free 30 days of pre-paid pet insurance with email address, free microchip (except on felines), information packet, coupons and much more.
Before adopting an animal from our facility, prospective adopters must agree to the following contract:
1. I will not hold the AWL or the former owner responsible for any medical charges, etc. if this pet becomes ill after adoption, but I will contact the AWL for their advice and/or assistance, if necessary.
2. I am financially able to provide all that is necessary for this pet and care for this pet humanely; provide a good home; obtain medical attention when needed; and give fresh, nutritionally balanced food and fresh water daily. I have proper facilities inside and outside my home for this pet.
3. I will not dispose of this pet in any way without first notifying and offering the pet to the AWL. If other problems develop, I will contact the AWL and obtain their help or advise. If the pet is returned to the AWL, the adoption fee will not be refunded.
4. I will not allow this pet to be abused or mistreated in any way or to be used for experimental or medical research purposes.
5. If the above pet that I am adoption is 6 months of age or older, it must be spayed or neutered within 5 days of adoption. We will make the appointment with our participating vet clinics. If the pet is under 6 months of age, I must agreed to have the pet spayed or neutered within the appropriate time frame and will pay a deposit that will be returned to me at the time I have the animal spayed or neutered.
6. I agree to obtain proper immunization for this pet.
7. I further agree that the AWL may check the welfare of this pet and the AWL may legally repossess the pet if conditions are found to be unsatisfactory to the representative case worker and the board of directors of the AWL.
8. In consideration for being allowed to adopt a pet from the AWL, I hereby assume all risk of injury and/or loss of property that may result to me. I hereby hold harmless; and I release and discharge the AWL from any an all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses arising from bodily injury or property damage resulting from the adoption of a pet.
9. In the event that I fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this agreement , I agree to pay any reasonable costs incurred by the AWL in the enforcement of the terms and conditions of this agreement which said costs shall include, but not be limited to, attorney fees and court costs.
Adopting an animal from our shelter is a privilege. Should you fail to comply with our agreement that privilege will be revoked. If you do not agree with our contract we request you find a different facility to adopt from. We reserve the right to find the best possible homes for the animals in our care & may refuse adoption to any individual, for any reason
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.