|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Fayette County SPCA
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
215 Rankin Airshaft Rd
Uniontown, PA 15401
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:.
About Our Shelter:The Fayette SPCA is a non-profit organization organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes including the prevention of cruelty to animals. Our main goals are to care and shelter homeless animals, relieve the suffering among animals from any source, provide humane education, and the enforcement of the Animal Protection Laws of Pennsylvania.
Donate to Our Shelter...http://www.fayettespca.com/donate_to_the_fayette_spca.htm
Come Meet our Pets:Our shelter is located off Route 119 between Uniontown and Connellsville PA. Take Gallatin Ave exit follow signs to PennDot. Turn onto Rollings Hills Estate Rd. next to the PennDot Bldg. Then next right onto Rankin Airshaft Rd. Then 1/2 mile to shelter.
Shelter hours are 12 Noon to 4 PM Monday through Friday
12 Noon to 3 PM Saturdays
and closed on Sundays and Holidays.
Our Adoption Process:Bringing a pet home will involve a lifestyle change, and a noticable one at that. Considering that this pet may be a part of your family for approximately the next 10 to 20 years, the decision to adopt a companion animal should be well thought out ... not an impulsive decision.
We want the smoothest transition and positive outcome for both the animal and the adoptive family, so we have set forth the following guidelines for Fayette SPCA adoptions:
* You must be 18 years of age or older to adopt an animal.
* All family members are in agreement about the adoption.
* You are not adopting the animal for someone else or as a gift.
* If you currently have pets, you must currently have a veterinarian and provide us their phone number.
* If you rent you need to have the written approval of your landlord stating that you can have the pet.
* Dog adoption fees begin at $50 and up, depending on the dog, of which you get $30 back after you provide a veterinarian certificate that the dog has been spayed or neutered, if it has not already been done prior to adoption. All animals leaving the shelter must be spayed or neutered. Adopters must sign a legally binding contract stating that spaying or neutering will be done within the timeframe set forth by the Fayette SPCA. Failure to have the pet spayed or neutered can result in confiscation of the pet and possible prosecution by the Fayette SPCA.
* The Fayette SPCA reserves the right to refuse any adoption for any reason them deem feasible.
You can expedite your adoption process by downloading and completing our ADOPTION AGREEMENT and SPAY/NEUTER AGREEMENT, both available for download from www.fayettespca.com, prior to coming into the shelter.