Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
We are based in Mattoon, IL, but our animals come from local and regional animal control facilities, strays, and owner surrenders. Our group consists of individuals who have donated countless, volunteer hours to the plight of homeless and abused animals. These people open their homes and hearts to act as foster parents until permanent placement is established.
Visits/Adoptions are by appointment only.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE COMPLETING AN APPLICATION
1. A completed application to be approved by Genesis Animal Rescue.
2. You must be 21 years of age to complete an application/adopt.
3. Upon application reviewal, the foster parent/coordinator will contact you via email and/or phone regarding any questions/concerns about the pet, in order to ensure that this is a right match for your lifestyle.
4. A home visit may be scheduled at this time if we feel it is a necessity in choosing the right home. The pet may/may not be brought to the home visit.
5. An adoption meeting will then be scheduled with your entire family and the adoptable pet and the foster parents.
6. If you are chosen to adopt the pet, he/she will be able to go home with you from the adoption meeting.
7. The adoption donation for dogs is $200 and cats are $75.
Completed medical care for each pet includes:
1. Complete overall health exam
2. All vaccinations(age appropriate):DHLPPCV, Bordetella, Rabies
3. Heartworm Test(canine) or FELV/FIV(feline) Test
4. Heartworm treatment if positive for heartworms
5. Fecal Check and dewormed
6. Flea prevention
7. Heartworm prevention
8. Dental Care (if needed)
9. HomeAgain MicroChip & registration
11. Spay/Neuter(including puppies)
12. A final adoption agreement will be signed upon adoption.
We reserve the right to refuse/deny any applicant/application, for any reason, at any time during the adoption process.
All pets are kept in foster homes where they are behavior and personality tested in order to best fit each animal into the home best suited for his/her needs. We strive to place each animal in his/her forever home the first time, however if the pet does not work out he/she must be returned to Genesis for further placement. We encourage any and all questions, the more the better to suit each pet correctly and to ensure your happiness with your new pet!
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.