Get A Life Pet Rescue/South Florida Pet Rescue and Rehabilitation, Inc.
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Wellington, FL 33414
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:
TO DONATE PLEASE GO TO:
- Fill out our Adoption Application
- Meet with the dog(s)
- Home check
- Adoption Contract
- Adoption Donation (Between $150-$300)
Medical Care That We Give To Our Rescued Pets:
- Complete Physical Examination
- Spay or Neuter Surgery
- Heartworm/Ehrlichia/Lyme Tested
- Fecal Exam
- Bordatella Vaccine
- Distemper Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine & County License Tag issued
- Parvo Vaccine
- CoronaVirus & Adenovirus Type-2 Vaccines
- Microchipped plus lifetime registration (not for cats)
- Grooming (as needed)
- Dental Cleaning (if needed)
- Started on Heartworm Preventative and Flea & Tick Preventative
- Edel Miedes 786-419-3647 firstname.lastname@example.org K9 Advisor offers a FREE basic training and doggie acclimation home visit PLUS a substantial discount on specific behavior training programs to help you and your dog understand each other and live happily together, available to Get-A-Life Pet Rescue adopters!
- Applicant must be 21 years or older
- Applicant's current pet should be up-to-date with appropriate vaccines
- Applicant's current pet must be altered, unless medical reasons do not
- All people in household need be present for home check
- Need Landlord or Home Owners Association's approval (if applicable) to have a pet
- Applicant must be in the state of Florida perferrable in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach Counties.
What Makes A Qualified Adopter:
About Our Rescue Group:Based out of Broward County and serving the Tri-County area, Get-A-Life Pet Rescue volunteers retrieve pets who have been abandoned and provide them with a chance at the life they deserve. Our animals come from a variety of sources, including Animal Services, owner surrenders and as strays.
Get-A- Life Pet Rescue volunteers, including our Board Members, play an active role in finding the animals a safe and happy home. All our pets are given a full veterinary exam. They are vaccinated, spayed/neutered, micro chipped, put on heartworm/flea & tick prevention medication as well as dental & grooming services as needed. Donations are very critical as they assist us in giving each pet full medical treatment, physical and behavioral rehabilitation and the necessities that allow them to thrive in their "forever home". Because Get-A-Life Pet Rescue doesnít have a facility to house the pets as they are rescued, each pet is matched with an appropriate foster home in the Tri-County area. With individual fostering, we are able to provide interested applicants with details on the pet's personality and provide a needs list to allow the pet a tranquil transition.
Our volunteers promote responsible adoptions and lifelong relationships with the adopterís new pet. We educate all adopters and provide them with all tools necessary to have a balanced and happy lifelong pet. Our ultimate goal at Get-A-Life Pet Rescue is to increase humane awareness through education, resulting in the humane treatment of animals, and reduction of the over population and abuse problems of today.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...http://getalifepetrescue.com/index.php/galpr-info/donations
Come Meet our Pets:Adoption Procedure:
Adoption Application ~ http://getalifepetrescue.com/index.php/galpr-info/adoption-applicationl
Meeting with the dog(s)~ Away from potential adopters home
Home check~ At potential adopters home
Adoption Contract ~ During Home visit.
Adoption DonationBetween $150-$300~ During Home visit.
Our Adoption Process:Adoption Procedure:
Meeting with the dog(s)
Adoption DonationBetween $150-$300