Our Featured New Orleans, LA Partner:
ARNO (Animal Rescue New Orleans)
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
By Appointment Only
New Orleans, LA 70130
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:The Greater New Orleans Area, including all parishes effected by Hurricane Katrina. Jefferson Parish, St. Bernard Parish, Metairie, Kenner, Algiers, etc.
About Our Rescue Group:Animal Rescue New Orleans (ARNO) is an organization created for and dedicated to the rescue and aid of abandoned and homeless animals in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. ARNO's response includes, but is not limited to, immediate medical needs, as well as rescue of those animals who have been neglected, abused and deprived of loving care. ARNO promotes the foster, adoption, and reunion of pets with their original caretakers, as well as spaying/neutering of all companion animals.
Come Meet our Pets:Pets are introduced to their potential foster or adoptive parents once an application is fully approved, and by appointment only.
Our Adoption Process:If you are intereted in fostering or adopting a pet, we require:
1. a completed adoption application that will be reviewed, along with references from your current and past veterinarian
2. a home visit/yard check is scheduled with you
3. once the app. is approved, there is a final review to make sure the pet you are chosing is right for you, your family, and/or your lifestyle.
4. you meet your approved pet(s)
5. adoptors sign a contract stating that the animal wil be kept healthy through regular visits to your veterinarian, continue on heartworm & flea medication for the rest of the pet's life, and that if you ever have to surrender the pet they will only be returned to ARNO or their agent
6. contract also states that if you fail to comply with any or all of the contract ARNO has the right to take possession of the pet
7. Adoption fee is a minimum of 150.00, depending on what our vet costs are for the individual pet.