Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Agreement between Saving Furry Friends and Adopting Parties:
In consideration of Saving Furry Friends Animal Shelter and Rescue, releasing the below described
animal to me for adoption, I understand and agree to the following conditions of this adoption as
(1) As of the date indicated below I agree to spay/neuter the animal I adopt,if the animal has not
already been sterilized, within 30 days of adoption.
(2) I will provide the animal with vaccinations and veterinary care, at my own personal expense in
order to maintain the animals health and well being.
(3) I will ensure the animal I adopt will be provided with adequate food,water,shelter,space,exercise,
treatment and care.
(4) I will comply with all local licensing requirements.
(5) I agree to accept the animal in its current condition with all its faults,if any. I understand that the
animals health can not be guaranteed.
(6) I agree that the animal descibed below shall be kept soley as a pet and that said animal will
not at anytime be used for breeding,fighting,medical research or ANY form of experimentation.
(7) I agree that in the event I can no longer care for the animal listed below that it will be returned
to Saving Furry Friends.
(8) I agree to hereby release and agree to indemnify Saving Furry Friends,its representatives,
employees,successors and agents from any responsibility for any and all injuries or damage to
property occuring as a result of adopting the animal described below.
(9) The animal shall not be sold.
(10) Do you presently have pets?? ___If Yes what is your veterinarians name?___________________
(11) I further agree that violating any part of the adoption agreement shall result in the below descibed
animal being returned to Saving Furry Friends and the adoption fee forfieted.
(12) I certify that I, as well as everyone living in my home,have never been convicted of any form of animal abuse or neglect
I acknowledge that this is a legally binding contract and that if it becomes necessary to forward
this contact to an attorney for enforcement I shall pay reasonable attorney fees and court cost
incurred by Saving Furry Friends
I have read and understand the terms of this agreement and by my signature below agree to abide
by all conditions stated in this adoption agreement.
Street Adress:_____________________________________ Animal ID #_____________________
I hereby acknowledge receipt of Dog___ Cat___ Age____ Sex_____ Breed_____ Color_________
Signature of adopting party:__________________________________________________________
Signature of shelter representative:____________________________________________________
Fee (if any)_______________________________________________________________________
Saving Furry Friends POBox 741 Glade Spring,Va. 24340
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.