Pekes and Pals Canine Rescue, Inc.
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
N. Fort Myers, FL 33917
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Most adopters live in Florida, but we do have people come from out of state to adopt, if they meet our adoption criteria.
However, we do not transport pets to potential adopters as the adopters must come to us to meet the dogs and see which dog wants to bond with them.
About Our Rescue Group:We are a small group of volunteers dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of small dogs. We believe that each abandoned animal, no matter his age, appearance or condition, has a guardian angel somewhere ready to give him a loving home. That 's what Pekes and Pals Canine Rescue, Inc. is all about - finding that guardian angel for each of the homeless dogs in our care. Our goal is to take these pets from being Abandoned to Adored.
Our Mission Statement:
Pekes and Pals is dedicated to:
1) Rescuing small canine companions from situations of abandonment, abuse and cruelty.
2) Decreasing the need for euthanasia at local pounds by decreasing the number of dogs under their control.
3) Rehabilitating abused canine companions so they may once again learn to trust humanity.
4) Educating the public about the plight of these canine companions, and defining their roles as responsible canine owners.
5) Returning these canine companions to good health, when possible.
6) Maintaining these canine companions in a loving home environment until new families can be found for them.
7) Educating the public about the importance of spaying and neutering their canine companions to help control pet over-population.
8) Educating the public about the true worth of having these loving companions in their lives. It is proven that having a 4-legged companion can: lower blood pressure, alleviate depression and anxiety, alert the human caregiver to dangers and give unlimited, unconditional love.
Come Meet our Pets:Visitation is by invitation only! You must have an approved adoption application on file prior to being invited to meet our rescues.
Our Adoption Process:You are required to submit an adoption application, which can be found at our website; however, prior to submitting an adoption application, we suggest that you read our Adoption Guidelines to help you determine if you meet our criteria for adoption.
Vet references, a home visit and being a "good match" for a particular dog is required.
WE don't make the final adoption decision, the DOG does.