Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Our Mission Statement:
Pekes and Pals is dedicated to:
1) Rescuing small canine companions from situations of abandonment, abuse and cruelty.
2) Decreasing the need for euthanasia at local pounds by decreasing the number of dogs under their control.
3) Rehabilitating abused canine companions so they may once again learn to trust humanity.
4) Educating the public about the plight of these canine companions, and defining their roles as responsible canine owners.
5) Returning these canine companions to good health, when possible.
6) Maintaining these canine companions in a loving home environment until new families can be found for them.
7) Educating the public about the importance of spaying and neutering their canine companions to help control pet over-population.
8) Educating the public about the true worth of having these loving companions in their lives. It is proven that having a 4-legged companion can: lower blood pressure, alleviate depression and anxiety, alert the human caregiver to dangers and give unlimited, unconditional love.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.