|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Pug Rescue of Florida, Inc. - Tampa
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
PO Box 7484
Tampa, FL 33673
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Pinellas, Hillborough, Sarasota, Pasco, Hernando, Polk, Manatee, Lee Counties
About Our Rescue Group:OUR MISSION: To take in purebred Pugs that are in shelters, whose owners no longer want them, that have become lost, abandoned, and place them in permanent, loving homes in order to promote safe harbor for Pugs that might otherwise be destroyed.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=HTnOVP81EobrNSM7AUzX0ZxllqudrIWoGELmxQd0yqsH9aQ-OO02X6rqr7BgPiOO8tJ4wG&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f941d8253416939c6057d1d6643efcf2a1df7e608afc2281b
Our Adoption Process:· The first step to the adoption process is to please be patient. We get more applications then we do dogs. We are all volunteers and work as fast as we can to get every applicant answered too.
· Please print out an adoption application regardless of your circumstances or the kind of Pug you want. Please download an application, complete all pages, and mail it or fax it back to us.
· Each application is evaluated and we try to find the best suited match for your family and the best suited match for the pug.
· If your application is approved, a volunteer will then contact you to schedule for a "housecheck". This is mandatory to adopt a pug.
· If the housecheck is approved, a volunteer will contact you once a pug becomes available that we feel would fit your household or if one that you are interested in is available.
· If you are flexible about age, color, and gender, you are likely to have a new Pug in 2 - 4 weeks after you are placed on a list.
· It is VERY rare that we receive puppies in to rescue. If you are interested in a puppy, please keep in mind that you may be on a waiting list for a very long time.
· Adoption fees range from $150 - $350 and depend on the age and health status of the Pug.
· Anyone renting or who is a member of a Homeowner's Association must submit proof that you can have pets.
Please keep the following in mind:
If you plan on leaving a pug alone for long hours at a time repeatedly, please know that right now is not a time in your life to adopt a pug. Doing this causes behavioral problems and usually results in a dog being returned. These issues and others are considered when we go over your application. The information we get from you will also help determine what type of Pug would be best for your household, an active dog or a more laid back one, a male or female. The sex of your dog can depend on other pets in the home.
Pugs are indoor dogs. In fact, all flat nosed breeds are intolerant of extreme heat or cold. Pugs are particularly susceptible to heat stroke. They need air conditioning in the home and car.
Pugs are companion dogs, love laying in laps and sleeping in bed with you. They are as demanding as children, and must be an integral part of a family unit to be happy (actually, this is true of ALL dogs). Their feelings and well-being must always be taken into consideration. If you don't want a pug following you around everywhere you go, then this breed may not be good for your household.
Adopting a Pug should be considered a minimum 15 year commitment.
A Pug, or any dog, for that matter - will love you no matter what. They will love you wherever you move, so you cannot move anyplace they would not be accepted. They will love you if you lose your eyesight, and you must be committed to loving and caring for them should they go blind. They will love you when you are old and deaf, crabby, inconvenient, incontinent and arthritic, and they deserve the same depth of commitment from you. These dogs (and we) want you to know they are not disposable.
We keep these dogs in our homes, acclimate them to humans, feed and medicate them, transport them back and forth to doctors, and generally spend every waking hour working with and caring for them. We do not ship our dogs.
Although we get some wonderful dogs, we do not guarantee their health. We and our veterinarians estimate their ages as best we can, and our vets take care of every problem we find. If a dog we offer for adoption has a health issue that is not correctable, and we are aware of it, we classify that dog as "Special Needs" and educate all potential adopters regarding that handicap.
If you are a compassionate person who wants to offer a wonderful, deserving dog unconditional love and a great home for as long as your pet lives, YOU ARE THE ADOPTER WE'RE LOOKING FOR!! Please apply and we'll do our best to see that both you and your new family member are happy!
What to expect of PROoF:
All of PROoF's pugs are fully vetted. They are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, heartworm-checked and checked/treated for other parasites. As needed, they receive dentals, blood work, and/or surgical procedures.