Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
PO Box 10203
Detroit, MI 48210
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We serve the Metro Detroit area. We cannot accommodate out of state adoptions at this time.
About Our Rescue Group:Home FurEver is a non-profit, no kill, foster based canine rescue.
We are always looking for foster homes and volunteers to keep our mission going. Please contact us if you can help!
Come Meet our Pets:Our Saturday adoption events rotate between the Troy Petco on Coolidge and 15 Mile and Petco in Roseville on Gratiot and Masonic from 12-4pm. Click on our home page to see our calendar for dates.
Please call or email us to confirm that the dog you are interested in will be attending the adoption event.
Our Adoption Process:Home Fur-Ever requires all potential adopters to complete an application process. The application is to be completed in person at one of our adoption events, followed by a face-to-face interview with our founder and director. We do home inspections to insure that the home is the right fit for the dog. Please note we really can't drive more than an hour for a home inspection. At this time, we can not accommodate out of state adoptions.
Adoption fees range from $225-$350. Adoption fees help to cover the costs of vet care that each dog receives while in our care.
We require that all puppies are spayed or neutered at six months of age, and will follow up with adopters to verify that the procedure has been competed. Basic training classes are also required for all dogs and puppies.
All bully breed dogs require homes with fully fenced yards to ensure their safety and well-being.
- We ask for your patience as we review your application. Home Fur-ever receives numerous applications and cannot respond to every one individually.
- Approved applicants are based on best fit, not first submitted. HOME FUR-EVER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY APPLICANT, so please understand that it is within our discretion to make those decisions on behalf of our animals.
- OUR ADOPTION EVENTS ARE VERY BUSY so please keep that in mind if you intend to come. You should expect to spend some time there if you are sincerely interested in one of our animals. We have limited manpower and many applicants to screen.
-Due to space limitations, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESCUE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WILL BE AT THE ADOPTION EVENT (we are oftentimes saving up to 100 animals at a time!) We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- We ask that you DO NOT contact Petco about our animals. They are kind enough to provide space for our adoption events, but are not involved with our rescue work.
- If a rescue is "PENDING" it is currently in the process of being adopted, but may be available in the future if it is not finalized.
- Keep in mind that we depend 100% on volunteers, most of whom have full-time jobs and families and so we ask for your understanding as we do the best we can in the endless effort to find homes for these deserving animals!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN A RESCUE!