Out West Pet Rescue
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
424 Wine Country Rd.
Prosser, WA 99350
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We primarily serve the Lower Yakima Valley, including the counties of Benton, Franklin, and Yakima. However we do have some out of state adoptions, with special approval.
About Our Rescue Group:Since our rescue started in Augest of 2005 , we have adopted out over 2,600 dogs to new and happy homes. WOW!! Our main problem is people in our area do not spay or neuter their animals. We have a lot of problems with families that get a puppy and then when they are about 1 year of age they want to get rid of it. Both of the humane societies in our area are too full so, now they are sending animals to us. We are extremely pleased to see that people are opening there hearts to our wonderful rescue. We are always looking for families who would like to help us foster these kids until they find their new homes. We are always getting feedback and pictures of our adopted pets with their new families which is shared with the fosters.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...
Come Meet our Pets:We Are located In Prosser,Wa. exactly in between Yakima, and the Tri-Cities. Depending on which way you are heading....take Exit 80 on I-82
turn south.... 1/2 mile from the exit is Manley Crop insurance building...
we are the north end of the building. We are on the right hand side of the street.
All animals are in foster homes, so appointments will need to be set up for adoptions. We try to give foster homes at least a 24 hour notice. We are located at Out West Pet Grooming facility. We also take all unadopted animals to Petsmart in Kennewick, WA on the 3rd Saturday of the month for an adopt-a-thon. Stop by and see us there or give us a call 509-832-3060.
Our Adoption Process:Please email or call us for an adoption application. We are a small group of dedicated volunteers that saw a need for an animal rescue in the lower valley. We believe that the right to own a pet should not cost a fortune. Right now, we have 5 foster homes that take care of all of our pets. Our adoption fee's range from $125.00 to $200.00. The cost depends upon on the amount of time the dog has been with a foster family and the amount of money put into the dog. These fee's barely cover the cost of each pets vet bills, food, and shots. SO, we are happy to accept donations to help support our rescue. We are a 501 (C3) tax exempt rescue!!!! It took a while but it is well worth it. So, if you know of anyone or any business that would like to donate food beds or of course some cash, please contact us. It is a great way to get a tax right off and help some of our forever friends get a forever home! Our contact number is 509-832-3060 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for any kind of donations. All are very much appreciated!
TO APPLY TO ADOPT: Out West Pet Rescue (OWPR) updates its animal adoption postings daily. If you wish to adopt a companion animal go to the online application at OWPR at petfinder.com and look under the descripton for one of our pets. Before applying, please read the following information:
(1) Application, phone interview, and home visit are at our disgresion. Adoption donations are generally $125.00. to 200.00.
(2) OWPR'S dogs are spayed or neutered prior to adoption (If they are too young, you will be required to sign a spay/neuter contract), vaccinated for Parvo Distemper.
(3) You must be at least 18 years of age to complete the application or to apply to adopt a companion animal. .
(4) OWPR does not ship animals to out-of-state adopters. Out-of-state adopters must come to meet the animal in person at OWPR located in Prosser, Washington. (Rare exceptions to this will be considered.)
(5) Not all applicants will be approved for requested animals. OWPR reserves the right to refuse service and adoption without explanation. OWPR is the companion animal's advocate and will select the most suitably matched home/environment for the the companion animal's emotional needs and management requirements based on each companion animal's breed(s) general needs and the unique needs of each individual animal in our care. Thank you.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.