Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
PO BOX 27705
Oakland, CA 94602
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Bay Area, California
About Our Rescue Group:WHO WE ARE:
We're a small and busy non-profit organization of pit bull owners, trainers, educators, rescuers, and supporters. BAD RAP evolved out of a desire to respond to the difficult issues facing this misunderstood breed.
More info on: BAD RAP's Programs
Mission: Securing the future of the American Pit bull Terrier as as cherished family companion.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=EcrtLZkQcRGfBx6JFJNP6Fj4cWRaOhxhhFZn2Lk-CMd4qOsuUcYT6BO3YMG&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f38432c9462fe731381a7a80e09148cd4afc5b1ffe20e008e
Our Adoption Process:So, you've been thinking about adopting
an American Pit Bull Terrier?
As you may have gathered from reading through our website, having a pit bull is not for the faint of heart. Breed bias is high right now and pit bulls AND their owners are under a lot of pressure to be 'perfect.' What a project! Because we know how tough it can be to own this breed, we ask that you fulfill these requirements in order to adopt one of our dogs:
1. Be at least 21 years old
We occasionally make exceptions for younger, rock solid applicants.
2. Be Local to the SF Bay Area.
Or, be willing to drive here to meet in person. We rarely ship dogs.
3. Fill Out an Application and impress us with your breed savvy!
4. Show Solid References including your current veterinarian and others who can vouch for you.
5. Must Own or Have Landlord Approval. Yes, we'll check.
6. Be Interviewed by one of our Reps.
7. Show that you have a clear understanding of the Breed Challenges
8. Agree to a Homecheck before and after Adoption
9. Everyone in your Household needs to be ready for the adoption too. Yeah, we'll check.
10. Pay a $150 Adoption Donation Fee
11. Sign a Legally Binding Adoption Contract
Note: We rarely place same sex pit bulls in the same home (Really! It's usually a bad idea!) Apartments/Townhouses are fine, but if you have a backyard, we want to see a solid fence and a safe environment.
In return, you'll get a get you can brag about for life. All our dogs come with basic obedience training (which you get to continue free for the life of the dog!), support from a large group of pit bull owners and opportunities to help our cause through educational events and other fun activities.
Join us! We look forward to working with you!