Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
We do not have a Shelter Facility; we use boarding facilities, private foster homes, partner veterinarians, and trainers. K-9 Lifesavers holds adoption events every weekend in various locations to help place our dogs in well-screened suitable homes and is always accepting volunteers.
We are always looking for volunteers to assist at events, staffing the table and showing off the dogs to potential adopters.
All adoption events are from 12 2pm:
1st Saturday of each month- Petco- 1412 S Main Chapel Way, Gambrills, MD 21054
1st Sunday of each month Petco 1507 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Md
2nd Sunday of each month Petsmart 6100 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, VA
3rd Saturday of each month - Petsmart 5154 Nicholson Ln, Kensington, MD
3rd Sunday of each month - Petco 6181 Old Dobbin Lane
4th Saturday of each Month Petco- 2319 Forest Drive, Annapolis, MD
· The adoption counselor will call your reference, landlord/condo association, and veterinarian (if applicable).
· The adoption counselor will set up a home visit (the entire household should be present for the visit).
· An adoption counselor will schedule a time for you, your family, and any other pets to meet the dog(s) you've applied for.
Once approved, you will need to finalize your adoption by completing an adoption contract and paying the adoption fee in cash or check. At that time, available medical records will be provided along with a variety of other information.
· Young Adult Dog (7 months to 8 years) - $300
· Puppy (6 months and younger) - $350 (This fee include the certificate to cover spay/neuter surgery)
· Heartworm Positive Dog - $375 (This fee includes treatment for heartworm)
· Golden Year Dogs (8 years and older) - $200
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.