Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
K-9 Lifesavers holds adoption events each weekend throughout the Washington D.C. area. K-9 Lifesavers does not operate a shelter, so please check-out our adoption event list and meet us at our next adoption event!
Please help us rescue more canines waiting for their second chance at life with a forever home! Please adopt a rescue, foster, volunteer, or donate!
All regular adoption events are held from 12 – 2pm.
· The adoption counselor will call your reference, landlord/condo association, and veterinarian (if applicable).
· The adoption counselor will set up a home visit (the entire household should be present for the visit).
· The adoption counselor will schedule a time for you, your family, and any other pets to meet the dog(s) you've applied for.
Once approved, you will need to finalize your adoption by completing an adoption contract and paying the adoption fee in cash or check. At that time, available medical records will be provided along with a variety of other information.
· Young Adult Dog (7 months to 8 years) - $300
· Puppy (6 months and younger) - $350
· Heartworm Positive Dog - $375 (This fee includes treatment for heartworm)-
· Golden Year Dogs (8 years and older) - $200
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.