Phoenix Landing Foundation
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Arlington, VA 22207
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:- Metro Washington DC (including MD, DC, most of VA, and some limited areas in DE and PA) [DC]
- Eastern panhandle of West Virginia [WV]
- North Carolina (a majority of the state, but especially the Asheville and Raleigh/Durham areas) [NC]
- South Carolina (Greenville area) [SC]
- Tennessee (Knoxville area) [TN]
Our pets are labeled with the [area] in which they reside, but, they can be moved to another region for a serious Adopter.
About Our Rescue Group:The Phoenix Landing Foundation (PL) is a non-profit all-volunteer organization. PL promotes and protects the welfare of parrots, especially those with an extensive lifespan. We provide for parrots of all types in need, and act as advocates for those without protection. Visit our website at http://www.phoenixlanding.org for more information. We also sponsor great educational seminars! All are welcome (please do not bring your birds or other pets). Most of PL's classes are free, although of course we always welcome donations.
Come Meet our Pets:You can find out about our upcoming Classes (where you can meet some of our adoptable birds) at our web site: http://www.phoenixlanding.org/events.html
Our Adoption Process:We require:
- An Adoption Application
- A brief in-Home Visit with you and your family (for birds larger than a cockatiel)
- Attendance at an Intro class (recommended for all, required for birds larger than a cockatiel). For large birds (macaws, cockatoos, amazons, greys, eclectus, etc.) we also require an Advanced class.
- An Adoption Fee (for birds larger than a cockatiel) -- adoption fees vary, larger birds have higher fees