Big Paws 4 A Cause
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Mailing Address Only
2834 Borchard Road
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Southern California communities of Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Oak Park and Agoura Hills
About Our Rescue Group:Big Paws 4 a Cause is a large breed dog rescue located in Southern California. We are dedicated to enhancing the lives of neglected, abused, and abandoned dogs in our community. Millions of pets are put to sleep each year due to overpopulation and animal neglect. Our rescue program focuses on caring for homeless dogs in the Southern California communities of Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Oak Park and Agoura Hills, by providing proper care, treatment, and shelter in a safe and loving environment. Big Paws 4 a Cause program works to find permanent placement of homeless dogs in loving, caring homes.
Come Meet our Pets:Please contact us to make an appointement to meet our dogs. 805-480-3038
Our Adoption Process:Visit our website for forms and additional information.
Our adoption process consists of six steps.
1. Complete and return an adoption application. It is important to answer every question as completely as possible. A complete application helps us to know if the dog you are interested in will be a good match for your family. Since many of our dogs are in foster care, we have gotten to know their personalities and can be very helpful to you in selecting the right pet. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Make an appointment to meet the dog. If you have submitted an application that seems to be a good match to a particular dog, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for you to see that dog.
If you have a dog, bring it with you so that we can assess their interaction. This is a very important part of the adoption process. Since this dog will be a new member in your family, we would like all parties, including your current pet to be happy with the choice.
3. After you have met the dog, your application will be reviewed by our adoption committee. We will not consider your application if you do not come to meet the dog. The more information we have, the more quickly we are able to respond to your application. Average response time is from 2 to 5 days. We only call those whose applications have been accepted. Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions about the status of your application.
4. If all parties agree to proceed with the adoption, we will schedule a home visit. This is so that we can ensure the animal's new home is safe and free of any potential health risks. We want to know that there is ample shelter for the dog and that fences are high enough to be escape proof. There are a number of things that could pose a health risk to the dog of which the potential owner(s) may not be aware.
5. The next step consists of a contractual agreement between Big Paws 4 a Cause Dog Rescue and the dog's new family.
6. The final step is a tax-deductible donation. We suggest a minimum donation of $100.00.