Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
The MCSPCA facilitates dog adoptions through referrals. We also maintain a list of dog breed rescue organizations for people who are looking for a particular breed of dog.
* A $100 adoption fee is required for cats.
* A $150 adoption fee is required for kittens under 1yr. of age.
* A $150 adoption fee is required for dogs under 50lbs
* A $175 adoption fee is required for dogs over 50lbs
* A $225 adoption fee is required for puppies or dogs with special medical needs (including sighthounds because of the anesthesia requirements)
We accept cash and checks only, no credit cards. The fee includes the cost of spay/neuter, initial vaccinations, heartworm testing (for dogs), FeLV/FIV testing (for cats), deworming, and general care of the animals during their stay at the MCSPCA (food, litter, medication, vet care, etc.).
An adoption application, vet check, and interview with a counselor are required to ensure that appropriate placements are made. A home visit may also be required.
* ALL members of a household must be present for the adoption process.
* If you rent your home, you must provide your landlord’s name and phone number. Landlord consent is required prior to adoption. To expedite this process, you can provide a copy of your lease or a signed statement from your landlord specifying the pet policy.
* The MCSPCA seeks the best possible homes for the animals in our care, and we reserve the right to refuse adoption to anyone.
*Upon approval, an adoption contract must be completed and signed.
*An adoption counselor will follow up each adoption with telephone calls and/or home visits.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.