The Canine Collective
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Delaware, OH 43015
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We serve all counties in Ohio.
About Our Rescue Group:The Canine Collective is 501c3 non-profit organization run by volunteers. Our mission is to provide sanctuary and re-home various breeds of dogs rescued from kill shelters. Our goal is not only to provide a second chance for our furry friends who have 'run out-of-time' at their local shelter, but to allow rescuers full involvement and resources to follow their passion. We believe in educating people on the life saving results of adopting, spay and neuter, and the malicious truth behind puppy mills and pet stores.
Come Meet our Pets:We are at the Sawmill Road Petsmart location every Saturday. Please check out our website to see our upcoming adoption events.
Our Adoption Process:Our adoption process takes several steps and cannot be completed in one day. All of our volunteers work full time and assist rescue in their spare time. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response to you inquiry.
* Applicants must be 21 years of age and willing to make a 10-20 year commitment to their new family member.
* Applicants must commit to daily exercise, walks, trips to the dog park or play in the back yard. A well exercised dog, is a happy well behaved dog!
* Applicants living in a rental property must provide proof of pet policy from landlord.
* Applicants must provide a veterinarian reference and if there are existing pets in the household. All pets must be spayed/neutered and current on all shots.
* Applicants with no other pets in the home must provide a personal reference.
*We do not adopt outside the State of Ohio.
*Please allow at least a 7-14 day adjustment period for your new dog. Rescue dogs go thru a lot of changes and need a few days to get used to their new surroundings and adjust to them. Adopting a dog should be a serious commitment, so please be willing to work out the kinks. Our dogs aren't perfect but with proper training and guidance they make awesome, loving pets.
*Our adoption fees vary based on the age and medical needs of the dogs. The range is $175-$300