Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
(1) To rescue abused, abandoned, surrendered and homeless Maine Coon (MC) Cats whether registered or not.
(2) To provide carefully screened foster homes.
(3) To assist in identifying MC/MC Mix cats that wind up in shelters.
(4) To act as liaison between shelters, animal control and disaster agencies
(5) To assist in providing appropriate medical care; to ensure all MC and MC Mix cats placed directly through, or into carefully screened East Coast Maine Coon Rescue (ECMCR) Foster Homes are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on shots, tested for FeLV/FIV.
(6) To educate potential adopters about the breed.
(7) To alert breeders that a cat from their cattery may need help.
(8) To network with other rescue groups and pool our resources.
(9) To help transport MC/MC Mix cats to their temporary foster or new forever homes.
(10) To remain ever at hand, if needed, after a successful rescue has taken place.
(11) To do our part to educate the public about responsible pet ownership.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a cat or kitten versus getting cats for sale or kittens for sale from a cat breeder? When someone is breeding kittens, they are creating new cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of cat or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a cat for sale from a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a cat or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.