East Coast Maine Coon Rescue
Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Blairstown, NJ 07825
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:East Coast Maine Coon Rescue (ECMCR) rescues and adopts in the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Vermont, and West Virginia.
About Our Rescue Group:East Coast Maine Coon Rescue (ECMCR) is an organization of dedicated volunteers who are committed to rescuing abandoned Maine Coon cats and placing them in loving environments. Thus, our organization strives
(1) To rescue abused, abandoned, surrendered and homeless Maine Coon (MC) Cats whether registered or not.
(2) To provide carefully screened foster homes.
(3) To assist in identifying MC/MC Mix cats that wind up in shelters.
(4) To act as liaison between shelters, animal control and disaster agencies
(5) To assist in providing appropriate medical care; to ensure all MC and MC Mix cats placed directly through, or into carefully screened East Coast Maine Coon Rescue (ECMCR) Foster Homes are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on shots, tested for FeLV/FIV.
(6) To educate potential adopters about the breed.
(7) To alert breeders that a cat from their cattery may need help.
(8) To network with other rescue groups and pool our resources.
(9) To help transport MC/MC Mix cats to their temporary foster or new forever homes.
(10) To remain ever at hand, if needed, after a successful rescue has taken place.
(11) To do our part to educate the public about responsible pet ownership.