Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
· Live in the Austin Metro Area.
· Be 21 years of age or older.
· Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a pet for the entire life of that animal.
· Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord.
· Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in household.
· Understand that children's age restriction will be based on their exposure to and experience with this specific breed.
· Understand that PPR has the right to either deny or approve your adoption application without explanation.
Standard Adoption Fee is $200 for males and females, $150 for seniors, $300 for puppies. Adoption fee's rarely cover our costs in caring for all of our dogs, the majority of dogs we take in require vetting in excess of $400. Any amount that you can donate in addition to the fee is greatly appreciated and is tax deductible.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.