|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
PO Box 11583
Memphis, TN 38111
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We place rabbits in homes within an hour of Memphis.
About Our Rescue Group:RabbitWise is an all volunteer, non-profit organization (501c3 public charity) whose primary client is the domestic rabbit. Our headquarters is in the Washington, DC metro area. We are a small organization, but we do have volunteers in our Bunderground Railroad across the US and in Canada. The Memphis office serves the Mid-South.
* to PREVENT irresponsible acquisition and care of companion rabbits;
* to improve RETENTION rates of rabbits already living in homes in order to avoid them being relinquished or abandoned;
* to EDUCATE persons who live with, shelter, and/or treat rabbits to give them the best care possible;
* to ADVOCATE for the broader welfare of rabbits in general.
Come Meet our Pets:We do not have a shelter. Our rabbits are mostly fostered in private homes and can be seen by appointment. We do have adoption events in various public venues. Check our web site for details!
Our Adoption Process:All animals fostered through RabbitWise are placed as a pet-only adoption. They may not be bred, sold, given away, or otherwise disposed of. If you find you cannot keep the rabbit, you must return him or her to RabbitWise.
Rabbits are placed as indoor companion animals only.
Our adoption fees are $75 for a single, $120 for a bonded pair. (This covers about half the cost of spaying/neutering.)
1. Contact us!
2. Go to www.makeminechocolate.org and click on the "Interactive Bun" link. There are three sections -- a questionnaire to help you understand whether a rabbit is a good choice for you, and two fun interactive sections on the basics of rabbit care.
3. Visit the rabbits and fill out an application.
4. Think about it for a few days. If you are sure you can commit to the care of a companion rabbit, let us know.
5. Prepare! Order hay and pellets. Set up the habitat. Make a vet appointment for a "well rabbit" exam.
6. We bring the rabbit to your home and check the arrangements. If we are satisfied, you sign the adoption agreement and give us the adoption donation. Your new best friend stays with you.
7. We will contact you from time to time to make sure everything is okay, and you can always contact us with any questions, concerns, or rabbit stories or pictures you want to share.