|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Russell Rescue CA (San Diego)
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Poway, CA 92064
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego Counties and surrounding areas.
About Our Rescue Group:Russell Rescue, Inc. (RRI) is a network of volunteers dedicated to placing unwanted or abandoned Jack Russells into permanent homes. The Network arranges for emergency rescues throughout the country, and gathers information designed to match appropriate permanent and temporary homes. It is funded by donations and supported by Jack Russell Terrier lovers and volunteers throughout the world.
The majority of the dogs that end up in Rescue are unwanted simply for being Jack Russells by nature and behavior. Owners often find that they were unprepared for the care required for this high energy terrier; they did not understand the nature of the breed, and their instinctive desire to hunt. Owners are often gone all day, and therefore unable to provide the time, attention, and strenuous exercise this little dog requires. We would like to emphasize that JR's need an active lifestyle, as they are hunting dogs by instinct.
The goal of the Russell Rescue, Inc. is to have this unique hunting terrier be in the protective care of those who thoroughly understand this dog. This is a very unique dog that arrives in any life with a special set of needs not suited to everyone. They get into trouble. If they cannot find trouble, they create it. If bored, they can apply their extreme intelligence in destructive ways. They require an educated owner and a loving caretaker willing to provide what this dog needs to be happy and safe. Most of life with them involves protecting them from themselves and their own demise. They rarely lack courage and don't take to abuse, even accidental abuse.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...http://www.russellrescue.com/donations.php4
Our Adoption Process:Terriers in Rescue are in great need of proper JR homes and while they may need a little special handling, adopting a terrier in need can be much more rewarding than starting with a new puppy. However, please review the following important points regarding the adoption of a Jack Russell Terrier.
1. Review the Bad Dog Talk which represents the worst case scenario of owning a JRT
2. Every applicant must first fill out an adoption form (either using the online or printed form).
3. All rescue dogs must have containment (fence, kennel).
4. We do not place dogs in homes where there are children under six years of age.
5. We have few dogs that are good with cats.
6. We rarely place terriers of the same sex together in one home (i.e., fighting).
7. We never suggest that JRTs are suitable for metropolitan living.
8. We do not suggest placing terriers where the terrier must remain at home alone for extended periods of time.
9. All applicants are thoroughly screened and must meet certain qualifications before being referred for a terrier.
10. Compatible terriers may not be immediately available; your patience is appreciated.
11. Filling out an application does not guarantee that we will place a terrier with you.
12. All terriers in Rescue are spay/neutered.
13. A adoption fee to Russell Rescue, Inc. is required to adopt a terrier.