The Perfect Dog
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
PO Box 361441
Milpitas, CA 95036
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:The Perfect Dog, dedicated to rescuing wonderful homeless or abandoned dogs from over-crowded shelters, is an organization serving the southern Bay Area. The Perfect Dog places dogs in need into temporary foster homes, where they are socialized, trained, cleaned, and prepared for adoption. Ultimately, The Perfect Dog strives to greatly reduce the number of unwanted dogs euthanized in shelters simply due to over-crowding or being deemed unadoptable.
About Our Rescue Group:What is “the perfect dog”?
The Perfect Dog rescues the “IMperfect” dogs who have simply been overlooked at the shelter or who have special medical or behavioral issues which puts them at risk of euthanasia, and finds them the perfect homes. We never discriminate. If there is a dog in need, it doesn’t matter its age, breed, condition, history, etc. If it needs help, we will do what it takes to find a way to help the dog. We believe in giving every dog a chance and we believe there is the right home for every dog out there.
Our Adoption Process:ADOPTION FEE
Adults and Puppies - $250, non-refundable.
Seniors (10+) - $150, non-refundable.
The adoption fee covers spay/neuter, vaccinations, cost of transport, food and supplies, and any other medical costs.
1) Fill out and submit the Adoption Application.
2) Come out to meet the dog(s). Check the home page for news/events for upcoming mobile adoptions. If you are interested in a particular dog, note so on the application form and a representative will be in touch with you shortly.
3) Come prepared. In case you fall in love with your new dog on the spot, we are currently accepting cash or checks only. Also, it is always a good idea to have basic supplies ready at home before you adopt a dog, such as food bowls, a crate or bed, etc.
4) Sign the adoption contract with a representative.
5) Take your new dog home! :)