Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
The Perfect Dog rescues the “IMperfect” dogs who have simply been overlooked at the shelter or who have special medical or behavioral issues which puts them at risk of euthanasia, and finds them the perfect homes. We never discriminate. If there is a dog in need, it doesn’t matter its age, breed, condition, history, etc. If it needs help, we will do what it takes to find a way to help the dog. We believe in giving every dog a chance and we believe there is the right home for every dog out there.
Adults and Puppies - $250, non-refundable.
Seniors (10+) - $150, non-refundable.
The adoption fee covers spay/neuter, vaccinations, cost of transport, food and supplies, and any other medical costs.
1) Fill out and submit the Adoption Application.
2) Come out to meet the dog(s). Check the home page for news/events for upcoming mobile adoptions. If you are interested in a particular dog, note so on the application form and a representative will be in touch with you shortly.
3) Come prepared. In case you fall in love with your new dog on the spot, we are currently accepting cash or checks only. Also, it is always a good idea to have basic supplies ready at home before you adopt a dog, such as food bowls, a crate or bed, etc.
4) Sign the adoption contract with a representative.
5) Take your new dog home! :)
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.