Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
1. Fill out an on-line adoption application (mandatory).
2. Remit $10.00 application-processing fee (mandatory).
3. Obtain and study published literature about the Boston Terrier Breed (strongly recommended).
4. Veterinarian check performed by BTRA (mandatory).
5. Home visit performed by BTRA (mandatory).
6. Be patient during application review process (strongly encouraged), which can take from a few weeks to several weeks. BTRA does not expedite an adoption application; please do not make such a request.
7. If approved, then adoption fee is per the above pricing schedule and is payable in full upon receipt of Boston Terrier via cash, check, PayPal, or credit card (mandatory).
8. Read, understand, and sign adoption contract (mandatory).
9. Read and understand Your-New-Dog manual.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.