Our Featured Redlands, CA Partner:
Olive Branch Parrot Rescue, Inc.
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
410 Alabama Street Suite #101
Redlands, CA 92399
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We do not ship any of our pets and we only place our pets in local homes such as San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
About Our Rescue Group:Olive Branch Parrot Rescue is a 501(c)3 public charitable non-profit organization. We are a small parrot rescue and pride ourselves in quality over quantity to ensure a lifetime relationship. Having more one-on-one time with the applicants and parrots creates a more successful, long-lasting home for the parrot's well-being.
The specific purposes for our rescue are:
1) The rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, abused, neglected, and unwanted parrots
2) The placement of rehabilitated parrots into suitable homes, qualified breeding facilities, zoos, or species reintroduction programs
3) The education of the public regarding the behavior and the proper care and training of parrots
Our Adoption Process:Our adoption procedure:
1) Fill out an adoption application and return to the rescue.
2) Have a phone interview, discuss application and address any questions.
3) Meet & greet with a volunteer and your desired parrot at a social setting.
4) Complete four 1 hour sessions with parrot involving in-home and social settings. (This gives the parrot different areas of interaction with the applicant family, allowing the applicants the opportunity to observe the parrot in different situations and determine if this parrot is the right match for them.)
5) Adoption accepted. Sign adoption notification form and obtain adoption package. Parrot will be delivered to his/her new forever home.
6) Follow up visits by a volunteer and phone calls will be made to ensure the parrot’s well being.
Please note all social settings besides the in-home visit with have to be located 35-40 miles away from the rescue.