Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
The specific purposes for our rescue are:
1) The rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, abused, neglected, and unwanted parrots
2) The placement of rehabilitated parrots into suitable homes, qualified breeding facilities, zoos, or species reintroduction programs
3) The education of the public regarding the behavior and the proper care and training of parrots
1) Fill out an adoption application and return to the rescue.
2) Have a phone interview, discuss application and address any questions.
3) Meet & greet with a volunteer and your desired parrot at a social setting.
4) Complete four 1 hour sessions with parrot involving in-home and social settings. (This gives the parrot different areas of interaction with the applicant family, allowing the applicants the opportunity to observe the parrot in different situations and determine if this parrot is the right match for them.)
5) Adoption accepted. Sign adoption notification form and obtain adoption package. Parrot will be delivered to his/her new forever home.
6) Follow up visits by a volunteer and phone calls will be made to ensure the parrotĺs well being.
Please note all social settings besides the in-home visit with have to be located 35-40 miles away from the rescue.
Why should you adopt?
birds can make wonderful pets, and rather than buying a bird for sale or finding a bird breeder, adopting a bird from an animal shelter or rescue organization is the perfect way to add a bird to your family. Keep in mind, there is a lot you will need to know when you provide a home for a bird. You will need to learn what to feed them, how much exercise or attention your bird needs, and many other important things about how to house and care for a bird. There are different types of birds including African Grey, Amazon, Brotogeris, Budgie, Button Quail, Caique, Canary, Chicken, Cockatiel, Cockatoo, Conure, Dove, Duck, Eclectus, Emu, Finch, Goose, Guinea Fowl, Kakariki, Lorikeet, Lovebird, Macaw, Mynah, Ostrich, Parakeet - Other, Parakeet - Quaker, Parrot - Other, Parrotlet, Peacock, Pheasant, Pigeon, Pionus, Poicephalus (including Senegal and Meyer's), Quail, Rhea, Ringneck, Rosella, Softbill - Other, Swan, Toucan, and Turkey.
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Please consider a rescue pet before you buy a pet from a breeder or pet store. Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.