Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Through education and advocacy initiatives, we believe that we can restore the reputation of a breed that was once America’s favorite dog.
2. Live in the Texas area.
Or, be willing to drive here to meet in person. We do not ship dogs or puppies.
3. Fill out an application.
4. Have good vet references.
5. Agree to training classes.
6. Must own or have landlord approval. Yes, we'll check.
If you live in an apartment please check with your management about breed restrictions before you apply. Most apartment complexes have breed restriction policies.
7. Be interviewed by one of our volunteers.
8. Show that you have a clear understanding of the breed.
9. Agree to a home check before and after adoption.
10. Everyone in your household needs to be ready for the adoption and MUST be present at the time of meeting the dog/puppy.
11. Pay an adoption donation fee.
12. Sign a legally binding adoption contract.
Our adoption fees are:
$250.00 for puppies under 6 months
$200.00 for puppies and dogs over 6 months
(The adoption fee covers the cost of spay/neuter, vaccinations, worming, and microchipping.)
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.