Treat Em Right Rescue
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Houston, TX 77066
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Houston, Texas and the surrounding areas.
About Our Rescue Group:Treat ‘Em Right Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of the American Pit Bull Terrier and other “bully” breeds.
All of our dogs come to us from high-kill shelters, police raids, or confiscations resulting from animal cruelty cases. We often take in dogs that have been the victims of indescribable abuse and neglect.
We provide these dogs with the medical attention they need to heal physically and the love and attention they need to heal emotionally. It is our mission to find each of our dogs a loving home, promote responsible ownership, and educate the public about the gentle, affectionate, and loyal nature of the American Pit Bull Terrier.
Through these education and advocacy initiatives, we believe that we can restore the reputation of a breed that was once America’s favorite dog.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...http://www.treatemright.org/#!donations
Come Meet our Pets:http://www.treatemright.org/#!events
Our Adoption Process:1. Be at least 21 years old.
2. Live in the Texas area.
Or, be willing to drive here to meet in person. We do not ship dogs or puppies.
3. Fill out an application.
4. Have good vet references.
5. Agree to training classes.
6. Must own or have landlord approval. Yes, we'll check.
If you live in an apartment please check with your management about breed restrictions before you apply. Most apartment complexes have breed restriction policies.
7. Be interviewed by one of our volunteers.
8. Show that you have a clear understanding of the breed.
9. Agree to a home check before and after adoption.
10. Everyone in your household needs to be ready for the adoption and MUST be present at the time of meeting the dog/puppy.
11. Pay an adoption donation fee.
12. Sign a legally binding adoption contract.
Our adoption fees are:
$250.00 for puppies under 6 months
$200.00 for puppies and dogs over 6 months
(The adoption fee covers the cost of spay/neuter, vaccinations, worming, and microchipping.)