Huntsville Friends of Rabbits
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Huntsville and Madison County, Alabama
About Our Rescue Group:We are a group of bunny lovers in the Huntsville, Alabama area. We help the shelters in Madison county with bunnies that come in to them, and we also educate the public on rabbit behavior and care. Everyone in our group is a volunteer - we have no paid employees and we do what we do just because we love rabbits. We are proud to be a 501 c 3 organization, and all donations to us are tax deductable.
Come Meet our Pets:Check out our Facebook page and website and blog for dates and times of our adoption and educational events.
Our Adoption Process:We love our bunnies at Huntsville Friends of Rabbits and since they have already been through the shelter once we want to make sure they have a great home the second time around. We have invested a great deal of time, energy and money and love into the bunnies we rescue, and so we want to be assured that they will get the very best of care in their new homes. It is for this reason that we have the following adoption policies:
• We only adopt to indoor homes. Domestic rabbits should never be kept outside.
• Adopters must be 21 or older.
• We prefer to adopt to adult-only homes. We do not adopt rabbits as pets for small children (under age nine). We consider homes with older children, however, the primary caretaker for the bunny MUST be an adult, and the bunny must be wanted by the whole family! Please be aware that 95% of the bunnies we rescue were pets for young children, and were brought to the shelter because the child tired of them and the parents did not want them.
• Homes with dogs or ferrets are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• We do not adopt rabbits to be residents of petting zoos, as classroom bunnies, or as props for photographers at Easter.
• We expect our adopters to take their bunny to a rabbit-savvy veterinarian for regular check-ups as well as when sick, and to be willing to spend the money for quality vet care. We have lots of great information on local vets and health care and will be happy assist you finding the best options for you and your rabbit.
• Special needs bunnies will only be adopted to people who are experienced
in bunny care and who are financially able to provide the vet care these bunnies need.
• Applicants are screened carefully, and we make a home visit to ensure your home is bunny-ready.
Please note that our adoption fee is $50 per rabbit or $80 for a bonded pair of rabbits. This fee helps our group with spay/neuter costs. All of our rabbits have received full vet check ups and are spayed/neutered before adoption.
If you think that you would be a good adopter we would love to talk to you about our fabulous foster bunnies! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your phone number and tell us more about yourself and your interest in rabbits. We will call you as soon as possible to discuss the adoption process.
We look forward to hearing from you - and so do our bunnies!