Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Lost & Found
Saturdays - Tuesdays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesdays and Fridays 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursdays 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Adoptions with the Saskatoon SPCA represent an excellent value, with all dog and cat adoption packages including the following:
• Microchipping of the animal, which is the procedure with which a small, scannable chip is inserted under the animal's skin, providing an additional form of identification
• The spay or neuter of the animal, if they enter the shelter unaltered
• Six weeks of Petsecure pet insurance
• A complimentary veterinary health examination at the local participating clinic of their choice
• Age appropriate vaccinations, up to the point of adoption
• Any medications required prior to adoption
The prices to adopt, including taxes, are as follows:
Cats - $190.00
Dogs - $228.50
Puppy or Desirable Breed Dog - $278.50
Desirable Breed Puppy - $328.50
These prices represent an incredible value to any potential adopter. Were someone to obtain all of the services and perks provided with the Saskatoon SPCA adoption package, the final bill may be as high as $900, and that doesn't even include the animal itself!
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.