Home for Good Dog Rescue, Inc.
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
465 Springfield Avenue
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We serve Summit, Westfield, Millburn and the surrounding areas, but applicants can be from out of county or out of state! Our goal is to find wonderful homes for these pets, regardless of how far away you are!
To adopt an animal from Home for Good, an adoption application must be completed and approved. Adoption applications can be completed online (www.homeforgooddogs.org) or at our adoption events. In-and out-of-state applicants may apply to adopt a dog.
About Our Rescue Group:Home for Good is a volunteer-based, 501(c)(3) non-profit animal rescue. Our mission is to rescue, nurture and adopt dogs of all breeds into loving homes for good. We are a network of foster homes committed to the well-being of adoptable pets. Home for Good rescues dogs from local shelters as well as high-kill shelters. We strive to give the dogs another chance at life.
Home for Good is run by dedicated professionals who volunteer their time and resources to help homeless animals. We rely on adoption fees, donations and fundraisers to save the lives of adoptable pets in our care. We always have a waiting list of pets in need.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...As a 501(c)(3) non-profit animal rescue, we graciously accept donations to assist with medical and surgical needs, dogs transportation, adoption events and more. All funds donated are tax-deductible and go directly to the well-being of the adoptable pets in our care. We appreciate your support! If you can help, please email us at email@example.com.
Come Meet our Pets:Please take a look at our upcoming adoption events where you can meet our loving adoptable dogs!
Visit our website at www.homeforgooddogs.org.
Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/HomeforGoodDogRescue
Our Adoption Process:Are you interested in adopting one of our rescued puppies or dogs? Great! At Home for Good Dog Rescue we strive to find you a perfect canine match. In order to do so, we need to learn a little bit about you and your lifestyle. We donít mean to pry or be nosey, but we must ensure that our rescues are being placed in the best possible home or situation.
The following is important information regarding our adoption process, policies and procedures. Please read each point over thoroughly before submitting your application.
1. Our adoption fee is a minimum tax-deductible donation of $335. This fee includes lifetime microchip identification and registration, age appropriate vaccines and heartworm & flea and tick preventative. For dogs older than 7 months, the fee for neutering is included. For puppies 7 months and younger, there will be an additional neutering fee.
2. All potential adopters must fill out an online adoption application. We have volunteers who work from home to process your application. Please be patient. The application process typically takes 2-5 days. Please fill out the application completely and honestly in order to ensure that your application will be completed in a timely matter.
3. Our volunteers will be contacting all of your references, including your Veterinarian (if applicable) and landlord (if applicable), so please notify them prior to submitting your application to speed up the process. Be sure to check your email, including Spam folder, for a response from Home for Good. All communications regarding your application must go through email.
4. Any pets currently in your household must be up to date with vaccines, including Rabies, and be seen for annual wellness visits. We DO NOT adopt dogs out to homes with un-altered animals.
5. All dogs placed by HFGD are to be house dogs. NO dog will be placed in a home where they will be outside-only dogs or farm dogs. HFGD reserves the right to schedule a home visit to ensure the safety of our rescues.
6. Approved applications are valid for 6 months. After 6 months, you must re-submit an application. This applies to previous adopters as well.
7. Please keep in mind that HFGD may have already received applications on the dog you are interested in. For this reason, the dog you are interested in may not be available once your application is finished being processed.
8. Upon approval and acceptance, you may schedule a Meet and Greet via email only with the dog of your choice, subject to availability. Meet and Greets will be scheduled in the order they are requested. If the dog you applied for is no longer available or is not the right match for your home, HFGD will work with you to find another dog that will be a great fit for you and your family.
9. Please be advised that your entire household, including any canines or caregivers, must be present for the Meet and Greet. HFGD does not allow adoptions as gifts or surprises. The entire household must meet the dog and be in agreement to bringing the dog into the home. NO EXCEPTIONS.
10. Approved Applications do not guarantee adoption. A meet and greet is the final step in placement of our dogs. HFGD wants to ensure that it is the right fit for all humans and canines involved.
Seniors for Seniors Program: The adoption fee is waived for any senior citizen, 65 years or older, who adopts a dog aged 5 years or older.