Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
We are a 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit Organization!
We are dedicated and committed to:
• Educating the general public, media, lawmakers, and others on the American Pit Bull Terrier and American Rescue Dogs.
• Promote and teach responsible dog ownership.
• Rescue American Pit Bull Terriers and American Rescue Dogs whom, were abandoned, neglected, abused and/or surrendered.
• To support the community needs relating to the benefit and welfare of the Dog(s).
• Primarily, work with the individual dog and to help the individual dog owner who are willing to help us, help them, all for the betterment and welfare of the Dog(s).
• Bringing communities together to strengthen the responsible dog owner's rights.
• Opposing BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) in all forms. We will, also, legally oppose any legislation either currently on the books or in the form of a bill that we feel is unfair and/or impedes on the rights of the responsible dog owner.
• Support and to help enact more legislative penalties against criminals and irresponsible dog owners for animal cruelty, neglect, abandonment, irresponsible actions and inactions alike.
Our vision, at Pit Bull Happenings, is to one day restore the image of the American Pit Bull Terriers to their glory days as American's Dog! In furtherance, we will help restore human accountability and responsibility in relations to, the Dog! ~ www.PitBullHappenings.com/mission.php
Here are the Flyers for our Upcoming Events: www.PitBullHappenings.com/events.php
• Up-to-date on age appropriate vaccinations
• Current on rabies shot
• Negative for heartworms
• Current on heartworm preventative
• One year old and/or older
• House/crate trained and well-mannered
Adoption Donation Fees:
* $200 - Ages 0-12 months
* $150 - Ages 1 to 7 years
* $100 - Ages 7+ years
25% off for First Responders & Veterans!
25% off marked black dog special in appreciation thereof!
• Fill out Application
• We'll then verify the application information and its accuracy
• We'll do the veterinarian and reference checks (and landlord check if renting)
• We'll perform a thorough Home Inspection
• You'll read and sign the Adoption Contract
• If all goes well, you just saved a "Pit Bull"
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.