Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
To assist Danes who, for whatever reason, find themselves without a family or home:
* in finding the love and stability that they had and have now lost, or may have never known before;
* in locating the perfect companion, who will in turn give to them as much affection, loyalty and support as the Dane will instinctively give;
* by giving those less fortunate Danes the positive reinforcement, teaching, and encouragement that they may need to overcome the life they may have once known;
* by providing the health services (including spay/neuter) to ensure the long, successful, healthy life of every Dane who come through NMSGDR; and
* by introducing the Dane to the public and providing the education and knowledge to create informed, healthy, lifetime adoptions.
We love our Danes and are honored to be loved by them. Our lives are truly bettered by them being in it.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.