Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Our goal is to put the welfare and best interests of the greyhound first and promote the group and its works by maintaining a reputation throughout the community as a positive presence committed to educate the public in the availability of greyhounds as pets. We want to do so by preserving a productive and positive atmosphere by being compassionate, respectful and appreciative to volunteers while exhibiting pride in the organization. Our volunteers strive to provide fast, friendly customer service before, during and after the adoption, and use face-to-face solicitation, fundraising, donations, memberships and grant writing in order to grow the organization. By working to increase the volunteer base and thereby increasing the availability of foster homes we will save more and more greyhounds. All the while, we know we must develop and maintain professional relationships with all principled groups in the industry in order to provide help where it is most needed whenever possible.
Our group is proud to be “all about the hounds”.
2. Once the completed application is received you will in turn receive an email confirming we have the application.
3. The application will then be forwarded to our Home Visit Coordinator as well as the All About Hounds Board of Directors.
4. You will receive a phone call for a phone interview within 72 hours of receipt of the application.
5. If all goes well with the phone interview, the Home Visit Coordinator will set up a time, convenient for you, to do a home visit.
6. On the day of your home visit, volunteers will bring some greyhounds that we believe will fit the dynamics of your family as well as a greyhound that interests you. Your questions will be answered as you enjoy interacting with the greyhounds.
7. The home visit will be very fun and relaxing. We want this to be a very positive experience!
8. If all goes well with the home visit you will take possession of your new companion.
9. The night of the home visit, the Home Visit Coordinator, or a member of the team will call to check in and make sure all is going well with you and your new family member.
10. It doesn’t end there! Ongoing support will be provided from AAH and its members for the life of your greyhound. You will be provided a list of phone numbers and email addresses in order to ask any and all questions, no matter how big or small, at any time, day or night. You will also have the option to join our AAH yahoo group to keep up with all activities and information that is available.
11. Our adoption fee is $210.00. Your Greyhound will come to you spayed or neutered, shots up to date, heartworm preventative up to date, and teeth cleaned. You will also receive a Martingale (humane choke collar used for sight hounds), leash, basket muzzle and copies of the dog's vaccination records so you can set up a chart with your vet.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.