All About Hounds
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
P.O. Box 949
Smyrna, TN 37167
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We serve the Middle Tennessee area as well as North Alabama and Southern Kentucky.
About Our Rescue Group:All About Hounds is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, all volunteer-based greyhound rescue group formed in 2009 in Smyrna, TN with the singular purpose of focusing efforts on greyhound rescue in Tennessee. We consider retired racing greyhounds to be wonderful companions that deserve the best possible forever home we can find.
Our goal is to put the welfare and best interests of the greyhound first and promote the group and its works by maintaining a reputation throughout the community as a positive presence committed to educate the public in the availability of greyhounds as pets. We want to do so by preserving a productive and positive atmosphere by being compassionate, respectful and appreciative to volunteers while exhibiting pride in the organization. Our volunteers strive to provide fast, friendly customer service before, during and after the adoption, and use face-to-face solicitation, fundraising, donations, memberships and grant writing in order to grow the organization. By working to increase the volunteer base and thereby increasing the availability of foster homes we will save more and more greyhounds. All the while, we know we must develop and maintain professional relationships with all principled groups in the industry in order to provide help where it is most needed whenever possible.
Our group is proud to be “all about the hounds”.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=Rcm45SeIt8K0xFJQ-d3VvaXswKLIEVbco5KvOl3HcmOCtqBrDyYO66WzDxy&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d61ec37c409b56235bed2ddf64505aee9
Come Meet our Pets:We hold Meet and Greet events each week in the Middle Tennesse area. We also work special events in the community whenever possible in order to provide more exposure for the Greyhounds. Our current Meet and Greet and/or special event locations can be found at any time on our home page : http://www.allabouthounds.org/.
Our Adoption Process:1. When the application is completed, you can either mail it to AAH or email it back to us at email@example.com.
2. Once the completed application is received you will in turn receive an email confirming we have the application.
3. The application will then be forwarded to our Home Visit Coordinator as well as the All About Hounds Board of Directors.
4. You will receive a phone call for a phone interview within 72 hours of receipt of the application.
5. If all goes well with the phone interview, the Home Visit Coordinator will set up a time, convenient for you, to do a home visit.
6. On the day of your home visit, volunteers will bring some greyhounds that we believe will fit the dynamics of your family as well as a greyhound that interests you. Your questions will be answered as you enjoy interacting with the greyhounds.
7. The home visit will be very fun and relaxing. We want this to be a very positive experience!
8. If all goes well with the home visit you will take possession of your new companion.
9. The night of the home visit, the Home Visit Coordinator, or a member of the team will call to check in and make sure all is going well with you and your new family member.
10. It doesn’t end there! Ongoing support will be provided from AAH and its members for the life of your greyhound. You will be provided a list of phone numbers and email addresses in order to ask any and all questions, no matter how big or small, at any time, day or night. You will also have the option to join our AAH yahoo group to keep up with all activities and information that is available.
11. Our adoption fee is $210.00. Your Greyhound will come to you spayed or neutered, shots up to date, heartworm preventative up to date, and teeth cleaned. You will also receive a Martingale (humane choke collar used for sight hounds), leash, basket muzzle and copies of the dog's vaccination records so you can set up a chart with your vet.