|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Our Featured Plattsburgh, NY Partner:
North Country Feline Rescue
Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We Serve ALL of NY and VT. We also take in any cat in need of a home no matter where he/she is.
About Our Rescue Group:We are a small family run rescue located in Plattsburgh NY. North Country Feline Rescue has been open since 2009 and have helped over 400 kitties find loving homes. Times have been slow and we haven't had the funding to help to many in 2010, But we hope to help even more this year. We are here to help out all the kitties out there who just need a place to go. We are not set up like a shelter. All our cats are cage free unless they're kittens then they are in "play pens" and are let out to roam the living room for no less then 8 hours a day. All kitties here are health checked before they go to there new home. We also alter and give vaccines. Our kitten can be fixed as soon as they hit the 2 pound mark at 8 weeks old.
We run off of our own pay check and are not a non- profit organization Yet. Maybe one day we can get a great sponsor and help us become a not-for- profit, We are also hoping to expand into a nice building and are still looking for that "right" place. Our ideal place would be a nice home setting building that has rooms to make our "cat rooms" If you know of someone out there who has something feel free to contact us. We will and can pay rent.
Come Meet our Pets:Please contact me to come see all my available kitties in person. I strive to match each person with the best match kitty.
Our Adoption Process:Cat/kittens who are fixed the adoption fee is $40
Cats/kittens who are NOT fixed is $70 ..$40 of which is refundable AFTER you prove the cat has been spayed/neutered.
Here is a copy of our adoption contract.
North Country Feline Rescue
* For the purposes of this contract, the following shall be referred to as NCFR: North Country Feline Rescue, NCFR, Tina Rock, Tina Veach, and any other person or persons representing North Country Feline Rescue.
* NCFR has discussed with me the pet's behaviors and habits. North Country Feline Rescue makes no representation or warranties whatsoever regarding this pet's condition or behavior. I hereby release NCFR from any and all loss, damage, expense, claim, or cause of action in any way arising out of or relating to this pet or to any of NCFR’ efforts to facilitate the rescue and adoption of this animal. I understand that it can take up to if not more than 2 months for a pet to adjust to its new surroundings.
* From the date of this contract, I agree to assume full responsibility for the veterinary care for this cat, including an annual examination and routine vaccinations and tests. I will keep the cat free of pests and parasites, including ticks and fleas.
* I represent that I am adopting this pet as a companion and personal pet. I will inform NCFR if I find that I cannot keep this pet, I will return it to NCFR along with its complete medical record. If the pet is returned for any reason the adoption fee will not be refunded. Under no circumstances will this pet be abandoned, sold, or turned over to an animal shelter or to any other person.
* The cat will be kept inside 100 percent of the time, except when being transported. When transport occurs, the cat shall be secured inside a pet carrier/or on a leash
* I agree to obey any applicable vaccination laws and obtain and maintain licenses or permits relating to this pet as required by law.
* If unaltered, this pet must be sterilized by _________. A deposit is required to ensure this pet will be sterilized. The deposit will be refunded upon providing proof of pet's sterilization to NCFR. If proof is not submitted by this date you will forfeit the spay/neuter deposit.
* I agree to allow a representative of NCFR to visit my residence at a reasonable time to ensure the terms of this contract are being followed.
* I understand that noncompliance of any provision of this contract will constitute a breach of contract and NCFR shall have the right to demand the immediate return of this pet.
* I understand that this is an adoption contract and not a contract for the sale of this pet. This contract I submit to NCFR constitutes the entire contract for the adoption of this pet, and no prior representations or agreements are of any force and effect unless incorporated herein.
* I represent that I am at least 18 years of age and I have read this entire contract and understand all of the representations and conditions incorporated herein.
This is just the clauses. There are spaces in the orignal for the cats info and your info.