Happy Tails K9 & Feline Rescue
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
PO Box 806064
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Happy Tails is a small group of volunteers dedicated to the rescue and placement of abused, neglected and unwanted animals. We are a Michigan "no-kill," 501(C)(3)non-profit organization operating in Macomb and parts of Wayne, and Oakland counties. We do not have a shelter. All of our pets are in foster homes where they receive all of the same love, training and care that the Foster's own pets get.
About Our Rescue Group:We are a small group of volunteers dedicated to helping pets in need since 1985. Happy Tails is a Non Profit group that depends on donations and adoption fees to keep these animals safe and healthy. Every Penny Helps!
Happy Tails helps animals from many different situations. Often, they come from owners who can no longer care for them. Some come from veterinary offices where an animal has been abandoned, and a few come from kill shelters, either because their time is up, or so that another animal doesn't have to die to make room.
As foster care givers, we make sure the animals get veterinary care, including vaccinations, sterilization, testing, and a microchip ID. In the event an animal is ill, they receive proper medical treatment. All of this occurs prior to adoption. These amazing animals live together with us in our homes until a suitable permanent family is found. Our adoptable pets are online, and each week we bring them to Meet & Greet events, where potential adopters can connect with them. We take applications, do vet checks, home visits, and all of the paper work needed for the placement of the pet following the guidelines set up by the rescue. We give our time, money, patience, and a piece of our heart to each and every animal that passes through our lives.
Come Meet our Pets:Come see some of our available pets in person at one of our Meet & Greet events, held most Saturdays from 11am until 2 pm at the PetSmart in Roseville at 20530 13 Mile Rd.
We do not do onsite adoptions but you can meet the pets and fill out applications while you are there. You can also submit online applications 24/7.
Our Adoption Process:The adoption process can vary from animal to animal. However, the basic process is:
1. Fill out an adoption application.
2. The HTR Board will review the applications to find the one or ones that are best suited for that animal.
3. A veterinary reference is done to verify that any current (or previous) animals are/were up-to-date on shots & spayed/neutered.
4. If the vet referral goes well, the rescue will set up a time to bring the animal to your home for a visit. However, this does not guarantee an adoption.
5. If there is more than one qualified application, the rescue may decide to do home visits with each applicant.
6. Once a home has been chosen, the rescue will contact you to let you know.
7. If you’ve been chosen to adopt the animal, the rescue will schedule a time to finalize the adoption.
The full adoption process usually takes just a couple days from application - adoption. At the time of adoption there will be an adoption contract and (predisclosed) adoption fee needed.