Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
• Come to the shelter during normal business hours.
• An adoption counselor will assist you in finding your new pet
• Fill out the adoption application and interview with the adoption counselor.
• Complete the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee.
• Take your new pet home… and spoil them for life!
• Adopters must be 18 years old with a valid picture I.D.
• If you lease or rent, we do require permission from your landlord or the primary resident prior to adoption. Animal Ark reserves the right to contact your landlord for verification.
• We do require an approved application for kittens and puppies before they can be seen. Also, all animals, regardless of age, will need to be spayed and neutered prior to adoption which means there will be a delay in the adoption of animals that have not had their surgery yet. However, an animal can be put on hold with payment in full so long as the adopter has an approved application, and has met the animal.
• We suggest bringing any family members or roommates who you’d like to meet the pet. If you are looking to adopt a dog please call ahead if you already have a resident dog so we can make arrangements for a meet n’ greet at our shelter.
• For animals in foster care: please inquire with our shelter and an adoption counselor will assist you in making the necessary arrangements to meet the animal.
• Download our Adoption Application, fill it out, and bring it with you when you come to the shelter. This will save time during the adoption process.
• We do not start the adoption process less than an hour before closing, so please plan accordingly.
• Dogs and puppies: $200-$450
• Adult Cats: $135
• Kittens: $155
• Senior Cats: $95
• Declawed Cats: $150
• Declawed Senior Cats: $110
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.