Castaway Pet Rescue
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
PO Box 1256
Crystal Lake, IL 60039
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Northern IL, Southern WI, and surrounding areas.
About Our Rescue Group:Castaway Pet Rescue Inc. is a non-profit, foster-home based pet rescue organization located in Northeast Illinois. We bring homeless dogs into our network of volunteer foster homes (our personal homes) where they receive medical care and are given the chance to acclimate to life outside a shelter. Our foster homes aid in evaluating the personality and temperament of the dog to assist in providing the best adoptive home situation possible.
Dogs are generally taken from animal control shelters in our local communities, where they were going to be euthanized due to a lack of space. We look for dogs that will make good companions for their future families and deserve a second chance or, in some cases, a third chance before it is too late.
Come Meet our Pets:www.castawaypetrescue.org
Our Adoption Process:To initiate the adoption process, please complete the following steps:
1. Please fill out the form on our website to submit your adoption application. When you press SEND, the form will be automatically emailed to Castaway Pet Rescue, Inc.
2. One of our adoption counselors will review the application, check your vet reference, and reply back to you. We may have additional questions or require a home visit.
3. Once your application is approved, we will contact you to schedule a visit with the dog you are interested in. Please select a time when the entire family including current dogs can visit.
4. If the dog still has outstanding medical procedures to be performed, we will inform you at the time we schedule the visit with the dog. All dogs must be spayed or nuetered.
5. We prefer the adoption be completed at the time of the visit if you and the dog agree that we have a match. Please come prepared to take your new family member home with you.