Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Dogs are generally taken from animal control shelters in our local communities, where they were going to be euthanized due to a lack of space. We look for dogs that will make good companions for their future families and deserve a second chance or, in some cases, a third chance before it is too late.
1. Please fill out the form on our website to submit your adoption application. When you press SEND, the form will be automatically emailed to Castaway Pet Rescue, Inc.
2. One of our adoption counselors will review the application, check your vet reference, and reply back to you. We may have additional questions or require a home visit.
3. Once your application is approved, we will contact you to schedule a visit with the dog you are interested in. Please select a time when the entire family including current dogs can visit.
4. If the dog still has outstanding medical procedures to be performed, we will inform you at the time we schedule the visit with the dog. All dogs must be spayed or nuetered.
5. We prefer the adoption be completed at the time of the visit if you and the dog agree that we have a match. Please come prepared to take your new family member home with you.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.