Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
1. Think about whether or not adopting a cat or kitten is right for you and your family. You can preview the available felines on Petfinder, you're welcome to come into Petco Vero Beach anytime to preview available animals - or visit HALO shelter in Sebastian.
2. Fill out an application, the adoption agreement and a Petco adoption form
3. Pay the adoption fee in cash or check (sorry, we don't accept debit or credit cards at this time)
4. We may schedule a home visit (optional).
5. Take your new forever friend home.
Most kittens & cats can be adopted on the same day - although sometimes a home visit may be required.
Our adoption fee for most cats and kittens is $85, but we often have special adoption rates for placing older cats or special needs cats.
Adoption fee for dogs varies.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a cat or kitten versus getting cats for sale or kittens for sale from a cat breeder? When someone is breeding kittens, they are creating new cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of cat or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a cat for sale from a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a cat or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.