Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
GINNY'S PET RESCUE, INC.
DOG/CAT ADOPTION APPLICATION
Relationship: Spouse Roommate Family Member Parent/Guardian Other
City: ________________________ State: _______________ Zip: __________
Phones: ¬_______________________________________ e-mail: _____________________________________
Do all adult family members work outside of the home? __________________
Reason you'd like to adopt a dog/pup/cat/kitten: ___________________________________________________
Do you own or rent? ___________________
If rent, provide name and phone number of landlord or apt complex: __________________________________
Do you plan to keep the dog/cat inside/outside? ______________________
Will the dog be on a chain or runner? _________________________________
How many children are living with you? _____ Ages: ___________________
Do you have any other pets? ___ if yes, list species and ages: _______________________________________
Are all of your other pets current on their vaccines? _________________
Have all other pets been spayed or neutered? __________________________
Where do your other pets stay at night and during the day (house, garage, yard, etc.)? _____________________
Do you plan to have it on heartworm test/preventives? __________________
Have you lost, given away, or had a pet die in the last 3 years? __________
If yes, how/why? _________________________________________________
Name and number of current veterinarian: ____________________________________________________
Whose name are your pets listed under? ______________________________
Is it acceptable if we contact your veterinarian as a reference and to confirm other pets' vaccines status? ______________
If you move, what will you do with your pets? __________________________
When you go on vacation, who will care for your pets? __________________
How much do you think it will cost to care for this pet each year? Please consider food, veterinary expenses, etc. _______________________________
How long do you expect to provide extra time, care, and patience until your new pet is settled into the family? ___________________________________
Is everyone in the family willing to welcome your new pet? _______________
Is anyone living in your household allergic to animals? ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬___________________
Under what circumstances would you not keep this dog/pup/cat? _____________________________________
What would you do if this dog/ pup/cat became destructive? __________________________________
Please give names and phone numbers of two references from people not related to you:
To the best of my knowledge, the information provided on this form is true.
Date of Home Visit: _______________________________________
References Verified: ______________________________________
Ginny's Pet Rescue, Inc.
Pet Adoption Contract
Pets Name ___________________________
Phone: Home: ________________________ Work: _____________________ Cell: _____________________
Cat ( ) Dog ( ) Other__________________________ DOB________________
Breed___________________________ Sex_____ Spayed/Neutered Y ( ) N ( )
Known Health, Behavior Problems or Tests Needed:_______________________________________
1. I hereby acknowledge receiving the above described pet.
2. I agree to provide proper food, water, adequate shelter, and kind treatment at all times.
3. I hereby agree to take the pet to a veterinarian for examinations and immunizations as needed; and to procure immediate veterinary care, at my own expense, should the pet become ill or injured.
4. I agree NOT to have this pet de-clawed or to have this pet mutilated in any other way, including having the tail docked or the ears clipped.
5. I agree to license the pet in compliance with the laws and ordinances of the municipality in which I reside.
6. I agree NOT to chain or in any other way tether this pet without the express written permission of Ginny's Pet Rescue.
7. I agree to return this pet to Ginny's Pet Rescue if I cannot, for any reason, keep this pet.
8. I agree not to allow this pet to be used for medical or other experimental purposes.
9. I have read all of the above and I completely understand and accept the rights and obligations above.
10. I understand that Ginny's Pet Rescue cannot guarantee the health, temperament, or training of the above described animal and hereby agree to release Ginny's Pet Rescue from all liability once the pet is in my possession.
Remedy for non-compliance: It is agreed that Ginny's Pet Rescue retains title in said animal limited to and for the express purpose of assuring the pets well-being and will only exercise its claim in the event it appears that the proper and humane care as specified in the adoption provisions is not being given to said pet, in which case the petmay be taken for its protection and wellbeing.
I understand that the adoption fee is non-refundable.
Ginny's Pet Rescue Signature________________________________________
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.