Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Our specialty is small furry exotics including, guinea pigs, rats, chinchillas, hamsters, mice and rabbits. Wee Companions has been rescuing small animals since 1998. In late 2013 we rescued our 8000th animal in our organizational history. This is quite a feat when you realize that we are a volunteer-based organization that is operated out of individual homes. Our funding comes from the generosity of supporters like you, we receive no government monies.
About Our Rescue Group:Our mission is to rescue guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, and other small exotic mammals from shelters, places of abandonment, and from persons relinquishing their pets. Whenever possible, we offer a safe house to these animals, irrespective of age, temperament, or health status. These animals will receive veterinary care and socialization in the hopes that they will be placed in a "forever" home. Animals given Sanctuary Status will be placed in our Foster Care Network to live out their lives in comfort and with love. We are also focused on educating foster parents, school children and others on the care, feeding and prevention of unwanted litters of these animals.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...Please use the URL below to make donations to Wee Companions. Thank You http://weecompanions.org/donate
Come Meet our Pets:On Saturdays only, from 11am -4pm we have adoptions & supply sales at 3368 Governor Dr., Suite F, San Diego, CA 92122. Please contact us several days prior to the event if you are interested in adopting, so we can bring appropriate animals. We are only able to bring a limited number of animals with us.
Please bring an appropriate animal carrier to the event if you are planning to adopt.
We also do adoptions by appointment only, if Saturdays are not convenient. Please contact us for more information.
Our Adoption Process:1. Preview an available pet on our Available Animals page, at an adoption event or make arrangements to visit the main foster location to meet our available animals. Email Fenella, WeeCompanions@aol.com with any questions, to talk about the specifics of any animal or to ask for certain animals to be brought to an event.
2. Meet with an adoption volunteer who is trained to help make the best pet match for you and the pet. Each pet up for adoption has received behavioral and health assessments in order to help determine the best home for that pet. Volunteers will help you decide if the animal you are interested in is a good match for your lifestyle and will direct you to any pets that may be appropriate. If you are looking for a companion for an animal that you already have at home, please let us know and bring the animal with you so that we can check them over and begin introductions to make sure we find the best match for your situation.
3. Complete the adoption once you and our adoption volunteers agree that you've found a great match. We prefer that all members of the household (including other pets that will be interacting with the new animal) are present during the adoption process to ensure that the chosen pet is compatible with everyone. If they are unavailable, a "hold" may be placed on the pet for a short period in order for any family or other pets to come in and meet with us and the pet.
4. At the time of adoption, you will be asked to sign a contract stipulating:
1. You will not breed the animal.
2. The animal will receive veterinary care
3. The animal will be treated humanely
4. If you are unable to care for the animal for any reason, it is to be returned to Wee Companions.
The Adoption Contract is a binding legal document, you must be 18 years or older to sign.
Bring a carrier with you to safely transport your new family member home.
Single Rabbit - $50.00
Bonded Pair of Rabbits - $75.00
We reserve the right to deny adoption to anyone.