Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
We also do adoptions by appointment only, if Saturdays are not convenient. Please contact us for more information.
2. Meet with an adoption volunteer who is trained to help make the best pet match for you and the pet. Each pet up for adoption has received behavioral and health assessments in order to help determine the best home for that pet. Volunteers will help you decide if the animal you are interested in is a good match for your lifestyle and will direct you to any pets that may be appropriate. If you are looking for a companion for an animal that you already have at home, please let us know and bring the animal with you so that we can check them over and begin introductions to make sure we find the best match for your situation.
3. Complete the adoption once you and our adoption volunteers agree that you've found a great match. We prefer that all members of the household (including other pets that will be interacting with the new animal) are present during the adoption process to ensure that the chosen pet is compatible with everyone. If they are unavailable, a "hold" may be placed on the pet for a short period in order for any family or other pets to come in and meet with us and the pet.
4. At the time of adoption, you will be asked to sign a contract stipulating:
1. You will not breed the animal.
2. The animal will receive veterinary care
3. The animal will be treated humanely
4. If you are unable to care for the animal for any reason, it is to be returned to Wee Companions.
The Adoption Contract is a binding legal document, you must be 18 years or older to sign.
Bring a carrier with you to safely transport your new family member home.
Single Rabbit - $50.00
Bonded Pair of Rabbits - $75.00
We reserve the right to deny adoption to anyone.
Why should you adopt?
small animals can make wonderful pets, and rather than buying a small animal for sale or finding a small animal breeder, adopting a small animal from an animal shelter or rescue organization is the perfect way to add a small animal to your family. Keep in mind, there is a lot you will need to know when you provide a home for a small animal. You will need to learn what to feed them, how much exercise or attention your small animal needs, and many other important things about how to house and care for a small animal. There are different types of small animals including Chinchilla, Degu, Ferret, Gerbil, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Hedgehog, Mouse, Prairie Dog, Rat, Skunk, and Sugar Glider.
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Please consider a rescue pet before you buy a pet from a breeder or pet store. Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.