Chap's Chow Rescue
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
1850 Johnson Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:United States and Canada
Follow us on Face Book:
About Our Rescue Group:Chapís Chow Rescue started in the 1980ís with Michael G. Chapman and a feral Chow-Chow roaming a military base. Mike being the animal lover that he is, personally rescued the Chow, named her Bear and made her part of his family. Bear was Mikeís first Chow and this act set Mike on a journey that has resulted in his saving and placing hundreds of Chows, Chow-mixes and various other dog breeds into permanent loving homes in the United States and Canada. For decades, Mike basically did this on his own.
In 2012, the nonprofit, Chapís Chow Rescue INC, was established and a small dedicated group of volunteers joined Mike as the only Chow rescue in the Southeastern United States. Chapís Chow Rescue is a small rescue doing big things.
Chapís Chow Rescue is located in Atlanta, GA and operates by utilizing foster homes and vet boarding. The number of lives saved is dependent upon funds and the number of foster homes available. Please support us by joining our team and/or making a donation.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=E3Q9N2WBQTLHW
Come Meet our Pets:Adoption Event:
Every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month from 11am to 3pm
at The Pet Supermarket
2959 N Druid Hills Rd NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30329-3909
Our Adoption Process:1) If possible, meet the pet of interest.
2) Complete and return an adoption application form.
3) The application shall be reviewed and references checked.
4) A home visit must be performed by Chap's or a local designee.
5) If approved, sign the adoption contract and cover the adoption fee.
6) We prefer that you pick up your pet; however we can help arrange transport which is not included in the adoption fee. There is an additional fee for the health certificate for out of state transport.
7) If at any point the adopted pet isn't a good fit in its new family, Chap's will welcome the pet back to the rescue.
ADOPTION APPLICATION: http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/7zLnT8ce0xjbe
All of our dogs are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, micro-chipped and treated for known medical conditions prior to adoption. ***All pets in the adopting home must be spayed/neutered prior to adopting from CCR***