Rowdy Dog Rescue
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
5020 Birchwood Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93111
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Southern CA
About Our Rescue Group:We are a small Santa Barbara based rescue composed entirely of volunteers who are dedicated to saving as many dogs as we can from kill shelters throughout Southern California. Once our dogs are pulled to safety, they are examined by a veterinarian, spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, and placed into temporary foster homes while they await adoption.
Rowdy Dog Rescue is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, registered with the CA Attorney General, and relies completely on public donations. Our federal tax id number is 45-2749848.
Thank you for your support, we can't do this without you!
Our Adoption Process:1. The first step in the adoption process is to complete a no obligation adoption application (http://www.rowdydogrescue.org/application.html). We will then review your application and verify the information upon receiving it. If you rent your home, your landlord will be contacted for approval so please make sure to include your landlordís name and number on the application.
2. Once your application is approved, we will make arrangements for you to meet the dog in person. This meeting usually takes place at the foster family's home or at another mutual location.
3. Rowdy Dog Rescue reserves the right to visit your home for a brief non-invasive home visit during the adoption process.
4. Once you are approved, we will have you sign our adoption contract and pay an adoption donation.
Adoption donations range between $100-$300, depending on the medical needs of the dog, age, and other considerations. Currently, our adoption donations do not fully cover the average cost of rescuing and rehoming each dog. However, they do provide a promise that the adopter is capable of caring for the animal. And, 100% of all adoption donations are used to further our mission of saving dogs from death row.
Your adoption includes, at least, the following:
- Transportation from kill shelter
- Initial health examination by our veterinarian
- Rabies, DHPP, and Bordetella vaccinations
- Any current medication
- Copy of vet records
- Copy of shelter records
- Bathed and groomed
- 4 free dog training sessions provided by K-9 PALS
We strive to provide all the care the dog will need before sending them off to a new family and have open communication with our adopters about what care the dog may need in the future.