The Polished Pitbull Phoenixville
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:The Polished Pitbull is a pitbull type dog rescue only. We serve the metropolitan area of Philadelphia, but have also adopted dogs out to the York area, Southern NJ and New England.
About Our Rescue Group:The Polished Pitbull, a pitbull-only rescue in the Philadelphia suburbs
A proper bully loves people.
Who we are: we are a dedicated group of pitbull lovers in the Philadelphia suburbs. We strive to provide information and education about American Pitbulls Terriers, with the clear understanding that they are under attack in this country because unscrupulous people are using them as a cash-crop, for illegal dog-fighting and gambling. We seek to restore the image of the dog to its proper place in American society: the same trusted family pet that it once was when Petey was the pitbull on the Little Rascals.
1. You must be at least 25 years of age. Sorry, but the younger you are, the more you like to move around and this is not a good situation for most dogs and they end up, back in the shelter.
2. Fill out an application and agree to a home check, before and after adoption. We don’t care about your décor. We care about whether your home is safe for your potential new pal.
3. Show solid references, including your veterinarian and friends who can vouch for you.
4. Landlord approval, if renting. If you own your home, we need to see a good environment for the dog,
5. Be interviewed. While you may have never owned a pitbull before, we need to see that you are willing to do your ‘homework’ when it comes to owning one of these incredible dogs.
6. Have a clear understanding of what is involved with adopting and owning an American Pitbull Terrier. This is not the breed for everyone, but for the ones that do own them well, as they say, once you go pit, you don’t quit!
7. Everyone in your household must agree to the adoption. That’s right, all of you.
8. Sign a legally binding adoption agreement.
Note: All dogs are spayed/neutered and up-to-date on shots; DNA analysis is done on each dog to determine breed mix.
Contact us at: ThePolishedPitbull@gmail.com
Our Adoption Process:Standard application, adoption contract (will be willing to provide)
You must be 25 years of age or older.
You fill out the application and agree to a home check BEFORE and AFTER the adoption.
If renting, have landlord approval.
If home-owner, please check with your insurance agent to make sure a pit bull type dog is not dis-allowed in your policy.
Adoption fee is $150.
We submit DNA tests for all dogs so you will know the breed mix.
Every adoption starts as a two week trial sleepover.
Dog must ALWAYS be returned to us for ANY reason if owner cannot keep for WHATEVER reasoning.
Provide support for adopters in terms of training.
Prefer to adopt out in eastern PA and Poconos though will travel to New England and Delaware and Maryland for the right adopter.