Our Featured Phoenixville, PA Partner:
The Polished Pitbull
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:The Polished Pitbull is a pitbull type dog rescue only. We have pulled dogs from Cumberland County SPCA (Maria Stoerrle) and Talbot County Humane Society (Dayniese Hurley); in addition, we have worked in partnership with Lilo's Promise in NJ and Sweet Bark Pitbull Rescue to foster many of their dogs.
About Our Rescue Group:The Polished Pitbull, a pitbull-only rescue in the Philadelphia suburbs
A proper bully loves people.
Who we are: we are a dedicated group of pitbull lovers in the Philadelphia suburbs. We strive to provide information and education about American Pitbulls Terriers, with the clear understanding that they are under attack in this country because unscrupulous people are using them as a cash-crop, for illegal dog-fighting and gambling. We seek to restore the image of the dog to its proper place in American society: the same trusted family pet that it once was when Petey was the pitbull on the Little Rascals.
1. You must be at least 21 years of age. Sorry, but the younger you are, the more you like to move around and this is not a good situation for most dogs and they end up, back in the shelter.
2. Fill out an application and agree to a home check, before and after adoption. We don’t care about your décor. We care about whether your home is safe for your potential new pal.
3. Show solid references, including your veterinarian and friends who can vouch for you.
4. Landlord approval, if renting. If you own your home, we need to see a good environment for the dog,
5. Be interviewed. While you may have never owned a pitbull before, we need to see that you are willing to do your ‘homework’ when it comes to owning one of these incredible dogs.
6. Have a clear understanding of what is involved with adopting and owning an American Pitbull Terrier. This is not the breed for everyone, but for the ones that do own them…well, as they say, once you go pit, you don’t quit!
7. Everyone in your household must agree to the adoption. That’s right, all of you.
8. Sign a legally binding adoption agreement.
Note: All dogs are spayed/neutered and up-to-date on shots; Adoptions are most successful between opposite-sex pairings. Therefore, as a policy, we will not do same sex adoptions.
Contact us at: ThePolishedPitbull@gmail.com
Our Adoption Process:Standard application, adoption contract (will be willing to provdie)
Adoption fee (usually $100)
Recheck home visit at 1 month, 6 months, 1 year.
Dog must ALWAYS be returned to us for ANY reason if owner cannot keep for WHATEVER reasoning.
Provide support for adopters in terms of training.
Prefer to adopt out within 1 hour radius of Phoenixville. PA