Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Saturdays from 1-4 at the Petco in Hollywood located at 5507 Hollywood Boulevard (at Hollywood and Western)
Sundays from 1-4 at the Petco in Los Angeles located at 200 South La Brea Avenue (at 2nd and La Brea)
Please check the calendar on our website on Fridays to see which cats have RSVPed for our events. If you are interested in a specific cat who is not listed on the calendar, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange a meeting for you.
1. Complete the Adoption Application. Please fill it out completely Ė the more information we have, the easier it will be for us to make a good match.
2. If you have not already met the cat(s) you wish to adopt, come to an adoption event or schedule a foster home visit to meet the cat(s) you are interested in adopting. This is an important step to make sure the animal fits in well with all members of your family.
3. Your application will be reviewed by the Catís Meow Board. We will contact you within a week to schedule a home visit if the application is approved. One of our experienced volunteers will stop by your home to ensure that you are able to provide a safe environment for the cat. We may also provide suggestions for integrating the cat into your home environment based on what we know about the cat and your specific living situation.
4. We ask for a minimum tax-deductible donation* of $150.00 for each cat you adopt from us. Donations may be made online (via a secure PayPal transaction) or in-person via cash/check.
*This suggested amount does not cover the full cost of rescuing a cat, but it helps. Because our organization is a non-profit run entirely by volunteers, we rely on donations to continue rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming abandoned and neglected cats. Additional donations are highly encouraged, as they enable us to rescue another cat from the shelter or the streets.
5. We will ask you to sign an Adoption Agreement detailing the terms of the adoption.
6. Thatís it! After approval, you will communicate with the catís foster parents to coordinate pick-up. In addition to receiving individualized medical care, each of our cats is spayed/neutered, microchipped, tested for FELV/FIV, treated for fleas and worms, and vaccinated.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a cat or kitten versus getting cats for sale or kittens for sale from a cat breeder? When someone is breeding kittens, they are creating new cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of cat or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a cat for sale from a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a cat or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.