|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
The Cat's Meow Animal Rescue
Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
707 South Main Street
Burbank, CA 91506
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Los Angeles
About Our Rescue Group:The Cat's Meow Animal Rescue is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) no-kill organization, dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming of felines within the shelter system in the greater Los Angeles area.
Come Meet our Pets:We hold adoption events at the following times and locations:
Saturdays from 12-3 at the Petco in Glendale located at 231 North Glendale Avenue (at California and Glendale).
Sundays from 2-5 at the Petco in Los Angeles located at 200 South La Brea Avenue (at 2nd and La Brea)
Our Adoption Process:1) Complete the adoption application. Please fill it out completely. We know our cats and their personalities well. The more information we have about your situation, the easier it will be for us to see if the cat you are interested in is a good match for you.
2) Meet the cat you are interested in at our adoption event. Bring your family so we can evaluate their interaction. This is an important step to make sure it is a good match for all members of your family, including your cat.
3) Once your application is accepted and all parties agree to proceed with the adoption, we will make a home visit. A home visit by one of our experienced board members ensures that you are able to provide a safe environment for your newly adopted pet. We will also provide some suggestions as to the best way to get acclimated based on what we know about the cat and your specific living situation.
4) Providing a tax deductible donation is the next step in the adoption process. We ask for a suggested minimum donation of $150.00. We operate solely on individual donations. We receive no government funding or corporate sponsorship. The amount we suggest does not even begin to cover the cost of rescuing and placing one animal. If you can donate more we would be most grateful, as it may help save one more adorable face at the shelter that we would have had to otherwise leave behind. Feel empowered by your donation, because we cannot continue our work without your help.
5) A signed agreement is the next step of the process. Your application becomes part of the agreement by reference.
6) Your cat will come to your home spayed/neutered, tested for the FELV and FIV virus, microchipped, and vaccinated.