Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Saturdays from 1-4 at the Petco in Los Angeles located at 200 South La Brea Avenue (at 2nd and La Brea)
Saturdays from 2-5 at the Petco in Los Angeles located at 8161 Beverly Boulevard (at Beverly and La Jolla)
Sundays from 1-4 at the Petco in Los Angeles located at 200 South La Brea Avenue (at 2nd and La Brea)
Sundays from 2-5 at the Petco on Hollywood located at 5507 Hollywood Blvd (at Hollywood and Western)
Please check the calendar on our website on Fridays to see which cats have RSVPed for our events. If you are interested in a specific cat who is not listed on the calendar, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange a meeting for you.
1. Submit an adoption application at www.thecatsmeowanimalrescue.org
2. If you have not yet met the cat(s) you wish to adopt, come to an adoption event or schedule a foster home visit to meet the cat(s). Please note that we cannot schedule any private foster home visits until you submit an application.
3. If your application is approved, we will contact you within a week to schedule a home visit. One of our experienced volunteers will stop by your home to ensure that you are able to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the cat. We may also provide tips for integrating the cat into your home environment.
4. We ask for a minimum tax-deductible donation* of $175.00 for each cat you adopt from us. Donations may be made online (via a secure PayPal transaction) or in-person via cash or check.
*Additional donations are highly encouraged, as they enable us to rescue another cat from the shelter or the streets. Because our organization is a non-profit run entirely by volunteers, we rely solely on donations to continue rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming abandoned and neglected cats.
5. We will have you sign an Adoption Agreement detailing the terms of the adoption at the time you collect your new kitty. You may view a copy of it on our website.
6. That’s it! You will communicate with the cat’s foster parents to coordinate pick-up. Please always transport your cat in a carrier for safety.
7. We will email or mail you a copy of your Adoption Agreement, a letter confirming your donation, and medical records and microchip information. This usually takes about 2 weeks.
In addition to receiving individualized medical care, we provide the following services to our cats: spay/neuter, microchip, testing for FELV/FIV, flea and dewormer treatments, and vaccinations.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a cat or kitten versus getting cats for sale or kittens for sale from a cat breeder? When someone is breeding kittens, they are creating new cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of cat or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a cat for sale from a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a cat or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.