Alamo City Pit Bull Rescue and Rehabilitation
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
17844 US HWY 87 W
ADKINS, TX 78101
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We serve San Antonio and the surrounding areas.
About Our Rescue Group:Our mission is to save the lives of abandoned, abused, misused, and unloved Pit Bulls; find loving homes for those that are homeless; rehabilitate the challenged; provide refuge for the needy; educate the community on Pit Bulls; responsible care and handling of these dogs, to rid the negative stigma involving Pit Bulls.
Come Meet our Pets:You can see a complete list of our dogs and our upcoming events at www.alamocitypitbull.org or at www.facebook.com/alamocitypitbull.
Our Adoption Process:All potential adopters are required to fill out our adoption application, sign our adoption contract as well as submit to a home check. All questions asked are to get a better insight to you and your family and to determine which of our dogs will fit your family best. If you choose not to answer any one of the following questions, please feel free to ask us about it and we will be more than happy to explain the necessity of that particular question.
The following will give you an idea of what we expect in our potential adopters.
1. Our adoption fee is $150.00. For your adoption fee, the dog will be spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, heart worm negative and micro-chipped.
2. All of our dogs are spayed/neutered. We do not adopt out unaltered dogs- no exceptions.
3. We are hesitant to adopt out adult dogs into homes where there are cats or small dogs. Although we have had successful adoptions in the past, in general this is not something we recommend. A meet and greet will be conducted at ACPBRR and during the home visit to ensure the animals get along.
4. If you live in an apartment, condo, townhouse or home owners association complex, verify with the management that you are allowed to have a PIT BULL AND NOT JUST ANY TYPE OF DOG. Many insurance companies are now denying home owners' insurance companies to rent to people with this breed of dog. ACPBRR will ask for documentation and references of landlords and or property managers.
5. You must be 20 years of age or older to adopt an animal.
6. A current photo ID (driver’s license or state ID card) is required to process an adoption.
7. All dogs will be spayed/neutered prior to going home.
8. To provide permanent identification, all dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, rabbits and ferrets receive a microchip implant. The microchip is registered at the time of adoption.
9. While we hope your pet selection is successful and permanent, we do offer a 30-day trial period from the date of adoption during which you may return the pet for any reason. A return/replacement voucher will be issued that you can use to adopt another animal. No refunds will be given.
10. If at any time you can no longer care for your pet and cannot find a suitable home, we ask that you return the pet to the Alamo City Pit Bull Rescue and Rehabilitation.
11. Alamo City Pit Bull Rescue and Rehabilitation reserves the right to refuse any adoption.
Out of State Adoptions
We do adopt dogs out of state but the following restrictions apply:
1. We do NOT fly our dogs. Each adopted dog is driven personally by one of our staff right to your door. Because of this, there are travel expenses that the adopter is responsible for. These can range anywhere from $500 – $1,000. This amount covers gas/travel arrangements, hotel, etc.
2. We will ask you to email/mail photo of your yard/home prior to our staff bringing any dog.
3. A physical home-check will be done upon arrival. We will email you a list of requirements that we look for prior to arriving. If there are red flags, ACPBRR staff has the right to deny adoption.
4. If there are existing dogs in your home, you must bring all animals to our facility for a meet and greet prior to the adoption.
5. Due to the high costs for the adopter of doing a long distance adoption, we will waive the adoption fee.