Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
We Are a Non-Profit Rescue Group, Founded by Vivian Goldbloom.
Emerald City Pet Rescue is dedicated to the following goals:
* Rescuing stray animals from high kill animal shelters, primarily the dogs and puppies of the Los Angeles and San Bernadino high kill shelters, who have not been adopted and are scheduled to be euthanized.
* Emerald City Pet Rescue takes the animals who have been in the shelters the longest and will die unless rescued
* Securing a no-kill facility where rescued pets can be safely sheltered without the threat of euthanization until we find adoptive families for them
* Providing the best medical care possible to neglected, abused and injured animals
* Rehabilitating hard-to-adopt animals and finding them loving homes
* Promoting the importance of spaying and neutering pets in order to drastically reduce the number of unwanted animals on the street.
* We are proud to announce we are now sponsoring low cost spay and neuter events
* Educating children and adults alike on responsible pet guardianship
Our primary focus is finding safe, loving homes for unwanted, neglected and/or abused animals. We rescue dogs from high kill shelters who could be loving pets, but are about to be put to sleep due to overcrowding, illness or disease. Emerald City Pet Rescue also helps whenever possible animals that are in need everywhere. The homeless, the abandoned, the unwanted.
Most recently, Emerald City Pet Rescue is proud to announce to have been able to save doggies from other countries, where there are no animal shelters or help offered. We then bring them to the United States, into our rescue group and to offer help to the rescuers in these countries. We also work with other rescue groups, we like to refer to as our “Sister Rescues” to help save more lives, as well.
We ask adoptive owners to sign a detailed five page contract obligating them to give the animal a loving home. Emerald City Pet Rescue has a lifetime policy of always taking our animals back, no matter what the circumstance.
All Emerald City Pet Rescue adopted pets come fully vetted until healthy, spayed or neutered, vaccinated, fecal clear, treated for any parasites, worms, or fleas, groomed, and microchipped. Your adoption of an Emerald City Pet Rescue pet also includes a new leash, collar/harness, a free initial vet exam at one of our participating vets, and a 30-day obligation free trial of pet insurance through Trupanion.
Our adoption fees range from $200-$400.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.