Emerald City Pet Rescue~ Seattle
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
2962 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We adopt dogs out in Seattle and other surrounding local areas. We require a home check before the placement of any of our dogs, so adopters must be within reasonable driving distance.
About Our Rescue Group:Emerald City Pet Rescue exists to rescue abused, neglected and homeless animals from the streets and high kill shelters, primarily those in the Los Angeles and San Bernadino, California high kill shelters, and place them into loving and forever homes. Emerald City Pet Rescue is a 100% non-profit organization run entirely by dedicated volunteers who offer their time and resources to house, train, rehabilitate, transport and care for these animals.
We Are a Non-Profit Rescue Group, Founded by Vivian Goldbloom.
Emerald City Pet Rescue is dedicated to the following goals:
* Rescuing stray animals from high kill animal shelters, primarily the dogs and puppies of the Los Angeles and San Bernadino high kill shelters, who have not been adopted and are scheduled to be euthanized.
* Emerald City Pet Rescue takes the animals who have been in the shelters the longest and will die unless rescued
* Securing a no-kill facility where rescued pets can be safely sheltered without the threat of euthanization until we find adoptive parents for them
* Providing the best medical care possible to neglected, abused and injured animals
* Rehabilitating hard-to-adopt animals and finding them loving homes
* Promoting the importance of spaying and neutering pets in order to drastically reduce the number of unwanted animals on the street.
* We are proud to announce we are now sponsoring low cost spay and neuter events
* Educating children and adults alike on responsible pet guardianship
Our primary focus is finding safe, loving homes for unwanted, neglected and/or abused animals. We rescue dogs from high kill shelters who could be loving pets, but are about to be put to sleep due to overcrowding, illness or disease. Emerald City Pet Rescue also helps whenever possible animals that are in need everywhere. The homeless, the abandoned, the unwanted.
Most recently, Emerald City Pet Rescue is proud to announce to have been able to save doggies from other countries, where there are no animal shelters or help offered. We then bring them to the United States, into our rescue group and to offer help to the rescuers in these countries. We also work with other rescue groups, we like to refer to as our “Sister Rescues” to help save more lives, as well.
Come Meet our Pets:Many of our dogs are in foster homes. If you are interested in meeting an Emerald City dog, please feel free to give us a call and we will be more than happy to set up a meeting!
Our Adoption Process:Emerald City Pet Rescue takes particular care in placing our animals, pure and mixed breed alike. Our screening process includes a six-page application, reference checks and a visit to the potential owner’s home to ensure the home and family is compatible with the pet’s needs and our requirements.
We ask adoptive owners to sign a detailed five page contract obligating them to give the animal a loving home. Emerald City Pet Rescue has a lifetime policy of always taking our animals back, no matter what the circumstance.
All Emerald City Pet Rescue adopted pets come fully vetted until healthy, spayed or neutered, vaccinated, fecal clear, treated for any parasites, worms, or fleas, groomed, and microchipped. Your adoption of an Emerald City Pet Rescue pet also includes a new leash, collar/harness, and a free initial vet exam at one of our participating vets.
Our adoption fees range from $200-$400.