A Better Tomorrow Shelter for Cats
Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
202 Central Street
Winchendon, MA 01475
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Our goal is to assist the Winchendon community and surrounding area with their stray cat issues by providing shelter, medical care and placement of cats and kittens into loving homes.
About Our Shelter:We are a non-profit cat shelter, run by volunteers, who are committed to the care and well-being of every cat or kitten that we rescue. We accept stray, abandoned, or unwanted cats in the Winchendon area. As space allows, we also accept cats who might otherwise be euthanized or abandoned, from individuals with financial hardship or other circumstances.
We rely solely on donations and adoption fees to sustain our effort which is why your support is so important. 100% of donations are spent caring for the cats. All donations are tax deductible.
Come Meet our Pets:We are located in Winchendon, MA, about 30 minutes from Fitchburg, MA and Keene, NH and about 1.5 hours from Boston, MA.
We are open to the public Wednesday from 6-7PM, Saturday noon-3PM, and by appointment.
Our Adoption Process:Adoption Requirements:
• You must be at least 21 years of age.
• All adult cats will have been spayed/neutered prior to adoption and are fully vetted, up to date on vaccines, dewormed, flea treated, tested for Felv/FIV, vaccinated, and microchipped.
• You will be asked to complete an adoption form prior to consideration as a potential adopter and references will be required.
• Adult Cats and Kittens- $100 each (kittens under 6 months of age must be adopted in pairs unless there is another young, active cat in the home).
• Seniors for Seniors (Cats 10+ years old and people over 60)- $50 each
• Adoption fees must be paid in full at the time of adoption.
• We accept cash, money order, or cashiers check.
All of our cats/kittens have been examined by a veterinarian, tested for FeLV/FIV (Feline Leukemia/Feline AIDS), neutered/spayed, vaccinated and microchipped. They have been de-wormed and treated for fleas.