Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
The dogs we have available for adoption are a variety of breeds (and mutts!) and range from puppies to seniors. Our dogs are spayed or neutered as soon as possible after we take them in, and Annie's maintains current shots and any necessary medication for dogs until they are adopted.
Our hours are:
Mon - Fri, 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
[we are CLOSED for lunch and dog naptime from noon-2PM]
Sat 7:00 AM - noon
Sun 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
We also participate at many local dog adoption events in the Norman and Oklahoma City area.
1) Call us at 405-310-3084 to ask us about a dog, and to set up an appointment to meet one of our rescue dogs in person. Making an appointment is important to make certain we have staff available to assist you!
2) Once you have met a dog, we ask that you fill out an adoption application.
3) We will contact your references and conduct a home visit to see where the dog will be living.
4) If everything is approved, there is an adoption fee of $35.
5) Once your application has been approved, you can take your new friend home and enjoy a lifetime of doggy love!
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.