New Hampshire Humane Society
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
1305 Meredith Center Rd
Laconia, NH 03246
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:On May 16, 2006 the NHHS opened its brand new, state-of-the-art facility to the public. Since that time, adoption rates have increased dramatically, with an adoption rate hovering at 90%. Nationally, only 16% of people go to a shelter for their next pet. NHHS has the 4th highest adoption rate in New England, demonstrating the power this new facility holds.
About Our Shelter:Founded in 1900 by M. Jennie Kendall, the NH Humane Society was formerly known as the Women’s Humane Society. Originally located in Nashua, NH, the organization worked tirelessly for the welfare of women, children and animals.
Mission and Purpose:
- Finding responsible and caring forever homes.
- Provide shelter for lost, abandoned and unwanted animals.
- Advocate for animals . . . speaking for those that cannot speak for themselves.
- Implement educational programs and provide services to promote responsible pet ownership and the bond between animals and humans.
- Prevent cruelty to animals.
Come Meet our Pets:We are open to the public: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10-5. Saturday 10-4.
We are closed on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday
Our Adoption Process:If you are interested in adopting please visit our website for our adoption process: