Just A Rat Rescue & Sanctuary
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Our local service area is the Dallas/Fort Worth Metro. Anyone over an hour from Grand Prairie may need to make arrangements for pickup/delivery on a case by case basis.
About Our Rescue Group:JARRS was established in 1998 by our founder, Christine Gutierrez. We are a rat rescue serving the DFW Metro.
Our mission is to provide loving, experienced foster homes to rats in need until their amazing forever home is found. Senior & special needs rats are given a safe sanctuary to live out the remainder of their lives in comfort & love.
JARRS is a free service, which provides housing, food, socialization & vet care at no responsibility of former owners. Because we take full financial responsibility of each rat, we operate solely on an owner surrender basis. Any exceptions are at the exclusive decision of founder Christine.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...We use profits from Spoiled BRatz cage accessories to help fund JARRS: www.Facebook,com/Sp.BRatz You can also donate through PayPal here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=UV4YLKKSAXWKS&lc=US&item_name=Use+PayPal+or+Card+to+Pay+Here¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP-DonationsBF%3Abtn_donateCC_LG.gif%3ANonHosted
Come Meet our Pets:If you are interested in meeting any available rats & have already been approved for adoption, a personal appointment for visiting will be made.
Rats can transmit diseases through the air or on a human's skin/clothing quite easily. In order to lessen this risk to our rats from visitors, we ask that you please:
1. Shower directly before leaving for your appointment
2. Wear freshly washed clothing
3. After 1 & 2, do not come in contact with any rats (either at home or by visiting any location that may have rats) prior to your appointment
We thank you sincerely in advance for understanding and caring about the health of our furbabies!
Our Adoption Process:Surrender Fee: None; monetary/supply donations accepted
Adoption Fee: $50 per Rat (each comes with .5 lbs lab block)--note: all rats now come spayed or neutered
General Adoption Rules:
1. You must fill out & submit an application
2. Your application will be followed by a brief interview via FB Msgr or text, or phone
3. If approved, you must sign a JARRS Adoption Contract
4. Rats are generally NOT DELIVERED; you must come to pick them up (accommodations for out of area adoptions are considered on a case by case basis)