Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Our mission is to provide loving, experienced foster homes to rats in need until their amazing forever home is found. Senior & special needs rats are given a safe sanctuary to live out the remainder of their lives in comfort & love.
JARRS is a free service, which provides housing, food, socialization & vet care at no responsibility of former owners. Because we take full financial responsibility of each rat, we operate solely on an owner surrender basis. Any exceptions are at the exclusive decision of founder Christine.
Rats can transmit diseases through the air or on a human's skin/clothing quite easily. In order to lessen this risk to our rats from visitors, we ask that you please:
1. Shower directly before leaving for your appointment
2. Wear freshly washed clothing
3. After 1 & 2, do not come in contact with any rats (either at home or by visiting any location that may have rats) prior to your appointment
We thank you sincerely in advance for understanding and caring about the health of our furbabies!
General Adoption Rules:
1. You must fill out & submit an application
2. Your application will be followed by a brief interview via FB Msgr or text, or phone
3. If approved, you must sign a JARRS Adoption Contract
4. Rats are generally NOT DELIVERED; you must come to pick them up (accommodations for out of area adoptions are considered on a case by case basis)
Why should you adopt?
small animals can make wonderful pets, and rather than buying a small animal for sale or finding a small animal breeder, adopting a small animal from an animal shelter or rescue organization is the perfect way to add a small animal to your family. Keep in mind, there is a lot you will need to know when you provide a home for a small animal. You will need to learn what to feed them, how much exercise or attention your small animal needs, and many other important things about how to house and care for a small animal. There are different types of small animals including Chinchilla, Degu, Ferret, Gerbil, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Hedgehog, Mouse, Prairie Dog, Rat, Skunk, and Sugar Glider.
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Please consider a rescue pet before you buy a pet from a breeder or pet store. Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.