Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
JARRS provides housing, food, socialization & medical care to our fosters. We receive our rats from a variety of situations including, but not limited to:
* Owner Surrenders
* Shelter "Pulls"
* Dumped/Abandoned Strays
* Hoarding Situations
Would you like to volunteer? Fill out our Volunteer
Application here: www.tinyurl.com/jarrsvolunteer
All visitations are scheduled after application approval. Our rats are located in individual foster homes throughout DFW, so schedules need to be coordinated.
Rats can transmit diseases to each other through the air or on a human's skin/clothing. In order to lessen this risk to our rats from visitors, we ask that you PLEASE:
1. Shower directly before leaving for your appointment
2. Wear freshly washed clothing
3. After 1 & 2, do not come in contact with any rats (either at home or by visiting any location that may have rats, such as a pet store) prior to your appointment
We thank you sincerely in advance for understanding and caring about the health of our furbabies!
1. Fill out our Adoption Application here: www.tinyurl.com/jarrsadopt
2. Once your application has been approved, an appointment will be set to meet with rats at either their foster location, or the home of the Executive Director. All rats are fostered within the DFW Metroplex.
3. Enjoy meeting your new family members! Adoption fee and agreement will be completed. It's now official!
4. For any rats adopted prior to spay/neuter:
* An appointment will be set by our Medical Liason according to adopter's and vet's availabilities.
* The cost of spay/neuter *IS* included in the adoption fee and *IS NOT* the financial responsibility of the adopter.
*It is REQUIRED BY CONTRACT to fulfill post-adoption spay/neuter.
5. Rats are generally NOT DELIVERED; you must come to pick them up. (Accommodations for out of area adoptions are considered on a case by case basis. There may be transportation opportunities available.)
Adoption fee is $50 per rat (includes spay/neuter)
Why should you adopt?
small animals can make wonderful pets, and rather than buying a small animal for sale or finding a small animal breeder, adopting a small animal from an animal shelter or rescue organization is the perfect way to add a small animal to your family. Keep in mind, there is a lot you will need to know when you provide a home for a small animal. You will need to learn what to feed them, how much exercise or attention your small animal needs, and many other important things about how to house and care for a small animal. There are different types of small animals including Chinchilla, Degu, Ferret, Gerbil, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Hedgehog, Mouse, Prairie Dog, Rat, Skunk, and Sugar Glider.
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Please consider a rescue pet before you buy a pet from a breeder or pet store. Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.