|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Reptile Rescue Center
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
PO Box #4004
Little Rock, AR 72214
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We are located in Central Arkansas, but take in rescues from all over the country as long as they can get to us legally and safely. We adopt out pet reptiles into forever homes located within the state of Arkansas only.
About Our Rescue Group:The Reptile Rescue Center has a three-part mission: to rescue surrendered, injured, and abused reptiles; to rehabilitate them as needed according to their physical and behavioral issues; and to educate the public about reptiles in captivity and in the wild.
Our primary mission is the rescue and rehabilitation of reptiles. We rescue surrendered, unwanted, injured, abused, and neglected reptile pets. Rehabilitation includes seeking appropriate veterinary medicine, administering care to return the animal to good condition, and dealing with any behavioral issues. Education is also a key part of our mission. We strive to teach the public about the care and husbandry of reptiles as pets, the responsibilities we have as keepers of these creatures, and about the conservation of wild reptiles and their habitats.
The Reptile Rescue Center was founded in May 2009 and is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization recognized as tax-exempt by the federal government and registered as a public charity. We are located in Central Arkansas, however we accept rescues from all over the United States.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...http://www.reptilerescuecenter.org/donate/
Come Meet our Pets:Please check our website for upcoming public presentations and adoption events!
Our Adoption Process:http://www.reptilerescuecenter.org/adopt/
Our adoption process is as follows:
- After reviewing our adoption policies and requirements on our website, a potential adopter must fill out an adoption application and return it to us by email, fax, or mail.
- The adoption application will be reviewed by RRC staff.
- If the application passes, an interview will be scheduled.
- The interview will screen the potential adopter more carefully and test their knowledge of the species they are interested in adopting.
- Once the interview is passed, a RRC staff member or qualified volunteer will conduct a home-check to ensure that a proper environment is set up and ready for a new pet.
Reptiles adopted from us are NEVER to be bred, and we do not ship!