Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Our primary mission is the rescue and rehabilitation of reptiles. We rescue surrendered, unwanted, injured, abused, and neglected reptile pets. Rehabilitation includes seeking appropriate veterinary medicine, administering care to return the animal to good condition, and dealing with any behavioral issues. Education is also a key part of our mission. We strive to teach the public about the care and husbandry of reptiles as pets, the responsibilities we have as keepers of these creatures, and about the conservation of wild reptiles and their habitats.
The Reptile Rescue Center was founded in May 2009 and is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization recognized as tax-exempt by the federal government and registered as a public charity. We are located in Central Arkansas, however we accept rescues from all over the United States.
Our adoption process is as follows:
- After reviewing our adoption policies and requirements on our website, a potential adopter must fill out an adoption application and return it to us by email, fax, or mail.
- The adoption application will be reviewed by RRC staff.
- If the application passes, an interview will be scheduled.
- The interview will screen the potential adopter more carefully and test their knowledge of the species they are interested in adopting.
- Once the interview is passed, a RRC staff member or qualified volunteer will conduct a home-check to ensure that a proper environment is set up and ready for a new pet.
Reptiles adopted from us are NEVER to be bred, and we do not ship!
Why should you adopt?
reptiles, amphibians, and fish can make wonderful pets, and rather than buying a reptile, amphibian, or fish for sale or finding a reptile, amphibian, or fish breeder, adopting a reptile, amphibian, or fish from an animal shelter or rescue organization is the perfect way to add a reptile, amphibian, or fish to your family. Keep in mind, there is a lot you will need to know when you provide a home for a reptile, amphibian, or fish. You will need to learn what to feed them, how much exercise or attention your reptile, amphibian, or fish needs, and many other important things about how to house and care for a reptile, amphibian, or fish. There are different types of reptiles, amphibians, and fish including Fish, Frog, Gecko, Iguana, Lizard, Scorpion, Sea Life (non-fish), Snake, Tarantula, Toad, Tortoise, Turtle - Other, and Turtle - Water.
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Please consider a rescue pet before you buy a pet from a breeder or pet store. Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.